American in Germany

Craig Willey

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
USA & Germany
Just joined. Work for the US Army in Germany. I am an instructor that teaches the hunting course to US Forces so they can get their German Jagdschein and hunt in Germany.

Welcome!!!

Look forward to reading your posts. They should be interesting!!

Royal27, I probably don't have any exciting storys to talk about. After reading so many African safari hunting stories, hunting in Germany sounds a little boaring. Nothing bites back except the wild boars, and when we are 2+ meters above the ground in a high seat, it is pretty safe. One goood point is that I work at a military training area that has about 4000 Red Deer that run wild. The only animals I have hunted in Germany are Red Deer, Roe Deer, and Wild Boars. I hope to make an African safari hunt one day, so I just purchased a rifle in .375 Ruger, and I am preparing for a hunt.

Welcome to AH Craig! feel free to post some pics and a sample of the test that has to be passed to get Your Jagdschein they should get a kick out of that if its anything like the test I had to take back in the 90's. Enjoy the site.

Welcome to AH.

Great to have another hunting resource to call upon when in need of information on Germany.

Welcome to AH, Craig !

Welcome to AH! Good to have you here.

Welcome to the forum, Craig! You will enjoy the great company here. I would love to see some photos of those boars in Germany.

Welcome to AH Craig! Nice to have you with us.

gday craig, welcome and enjoy AH.

Welcome friend. Was stationed in Germany from 75 to 80 and had a wonderful time hunting from one end of then West Germany to the other. We could learn a lot from the Germans about respect for game.

welcome, I am retired Army. never stationed in Germany, BUT my son is Air Force and that should be his next duty station (he's on Korea now...) Leaving in 48 days for Africa!!!, Next year, I'll be in Germany, hopfully getting some time to hunt,.....

I'll answer any questions about hunting in Germany if I can, and if I can't, I'll research and find the answer. I hunt with a German federal game warder, and he will probably know what I don't.

Craig, welcome to AH.

You should have direct flights to Some African Countries.

Many Germans hunt in Namibia. And if you speak English or German plan a trip.

Welcome to the site Craig, got to hunt roe deer and boar in Germany in 91-92 while there with Canadian Army, good luck planning the hunt!

Greyfox, see you over there in 47 days, but whose counting!

Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)

Warm welcome Craig! Nice to have you on the forum! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois