Amazing Zebra Pillows from Top of Texas Taxidermy

Erik,
The pillows where here when I arrived home form Germany. They are extremely beautiful and well done. Thanks so much. Now if I can keep my kids away from them we will be fine.

Erik,
The pillows where here when I arrived home form Germany. They are extremely beautiful and well done. Thanks so much. Now if I can keep my kids away from them we will be fine.
Thank you sir and I’m glad that you like them. I hope y’all had a wonderful time in Germany. Belated Merry Christmas and I wish y’all have a happy New Year.

Good looking work Gizmo!

Erik- I'm over at Chillicothe and wondering how your quail birds are this year? We're seeing about 1/3 and prolly less than last year. I've spent several nights in the old Turkey Hotel over the years on bird hunts. If it's still open you could offer that as part of your hunt packages. That hotel was like stepping back in time. She had old Norman Rockwell paintings in the dining room! Pretty cool. Miss Mona was her name I believe. Her husband Jim used to have a radio station in Lubbock. And how about the old Chitaque, prolly misspelled, drive in theatre? We used to eat at the Sportsman for dinner after our hunts. Cheers.

Erik- I'm over at Chillicothe and wondering how your quail birds are this year? We're seeing about 1/3 and prolly less than last year. I've spent several nights in the old Turkey Hotel over the years on bird hunts. If it's still open you could offer that as part of your hunt packages. That hotel was like stepping back in time. She had old Norman Rockwell paintings in the dining room! Pretty cool. Miss Mona was her name I believe. Her husband Jim used to have a radio station in Lubbock. And how about the old Chitaque, prolly misspelled, drive in theatre? We used to eat at the Sportsman for dinner after our hunts. Cheers.
Birds are a lot thinner this year here too but still have quite a few. The hotel has sold several times since then but I do take clients to eat there on occasion. The theater in Quitique has been closed for at least 6-7 years.

If I remember correctly Albert bought the hotel from them and he had it for a few years and sold it to the new owners, I can’t remember their names but they have invested some money into it and started doing some much needed repairs. In the spring and summer they have a band that plays on Friday nights. It’s a good time.
I wish someone would buy the drive in and open it back up. Would be nice. Everything is still there would need some clean up but I don’t think it would take much.

Does Turkey still have Bob Wills days? We came up from Texas Tech a couple times in the early nineties. Nice pillows and great taxidermy by the way.

Does anyone in AH know who Bob Wills is ?

Yes sir still have Bob Wills in April, the AH’rs who have hunted with me certainly know who Bob Wills is now. You know his family ranch sold a couple years ago.

Maybe there should be a Rockin G drive-in? ;)

Does anyone in AH know who Bob Wills is ?
Yep. He played at the Fat Stock Show almost every time I got to go. Also we use to get out of school to see the Fat Stock Show parade in downtown Fort Worth.
The county seat building at the north end of Main St still had the neon American flag rotating on it then. You could see it from miles around.
The beatnic owner of The Cellar also walked along during the parade wearing his GI blanket along with some of his girls.
Joe T Garcia’s in the stockyards was a fancy place for date night in high school.
Leonard Brothers in downtown is where I bought my Levi 501s for $3.25 and my first big game rifle a Ceturion Mauser in 257 Roberts.
Thanks for bringing up good old memories!

Ooops! Sorry Gizmo! I sort of hijacked your fine pillow post.

Last edited:
Yep. He played at the Fat Stock Show almost every time I got to go. Also we use to get out of school to see the Fat Stock Show parade in downtown Fort Worth.
The county seat building at the north end of Main St still had the neon American flag rotating on it then. You could see it from miles around.
The beatnic owner of The Cellar also walked along during the parade wearing his GI blanket along with some of his girls.
Joe T Garcia’s in the stockyards was a fancy place for date night in high school.
Leonard Brothers in downtown is where I bought my Levi 501s for $3.25 and my first big game rifle a Ceturion Mauser in 257 Roberts.
Thanks for bringing up good old memories!

Ooops! Sorry Gizmo! I sort of hijacked your fine pillow post.
No problem, being originally from Ft Worth brings up good memories for me too. You know Joe T’s is still there don’t you. In the same place none the less. They’ve had to add on to the old house over the years but still the best damn Mexican food in the world.

First time I hunted with @gizmo we stopped at that Hotel for dinner one night. Probebly the best BBQ dinner in northern Texas. And yes that old Hotel is really cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg