Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe
I just returned home from an absolutely incredible safari in Namibia with Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris. I can not speak more highly of Jacques- his attention to detail, professionalism, knowledge and proper attitude is beyond compare!!! Also, my safari was filmed by Chris Esterhuizen of Jongosi Media productions. If you want your safari filmed- he is the go-to guy for sure.

For those planning on going to Namibia this year- it’s a must!!! You must fly Ethiopian Airways as it’s the only airline going. You do have to have a negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to arrival in Windhoek so plan accordingly. But fortunately now you don’t have to test on day 5 while there as well as you don’t require a negative test upon returning home if you’re a US citizen.

I plan on writing up a full report soon but need to get things taken care of on the home front as being gone for 2 weeks will do.

Pre-baiting for leopard was started 6 weeks prior to my arrival. Believe me when I say folks, this is never done anywhere else with other outfitters. We had cats on bait every day and I was not to be disappointed as you will soon see!!

The food was out of this world delicious- I will need to get back on the treadmill soon haha!!

We were even able to go to Spitzkoppe where part of Stanley Kubrick’s “2001: A Space Odyssey” was filmed. If you’re able to have time while in Namibia- it is a must see as well!

While there, I was able to secure a permit for a Damara dik dik and was able to get a really old one with great length- sure to be SCI gold!

As for the leopard- we were playing the usual chess game (cat and mouse as it were). We had multiple baits hung which is a must. He finally came in to one of our bait trees (decided sitting at the one with the most activity it seemed but they all were going as there is so many cats there) after a female in the morning at 7am. I decided not to take my own rifle this time (spoke to some other hunters in the airports that did- it was difficult for them at Addis Ababa with the short layover but doable for those going over soon and considering taking their own rifles)- so I borrowed a .375 H&H. Let’s just say it did it’s magic at 80 yards from the blind. I couldn’t be more happy with this Tom!!!

I want to thank again Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, whom I’ve hunted multiple times with now- both DG and PG. If you’re looking for the BEST owner and PH- he is certainly the one!!!

c5a07de4-31aa-49aa-8176-45fe654e04a5.JPG
02df9838-59c8-4ed2-8147-04daccf36f22.jpg
IMG_4813.JPG
IMG_4774.JPG
8e911cd6-1098-4653-beab-9df73fb7dbec.jpg
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4786.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG
95cea7f9-b04e-4457-ae80-b9af5d3b60b4.jpg
IMG_4725.JPG
IMG_6386.JPG
ddf653ee-3322-41d2-bf82-8a193d0990ce.JPG
IMG_5010.JPG
IMG_5011.JPG
d4c76f82-bbb1-449f-ae96-ed3b5f6c87dd.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
One mighty fine looking kitty! Oh envy! Can’t wait for your report! And congratulations!

WOW man! Congrats buddy, awesome cat! I'll call you later to talk more.

Nice trophies.
I look forward to the full details of the adventure.

Great trophies and it sounds like it was a great hunt. Congrats.
Bruce

Congratulations beautiful leopard.

That leopard is a stud. Congrats.

Congrats, great trophies !

Looks like a big cat, congratulations on a great hunt and trip.

Congrats to all on a very successful safari

Thats fantastic.

Congratz. Nice leopard and the scenery looks fantastic.

beautiful leopard. congratulations.

Congrats on a great cat!

Great cat and beautiful photos - Congrats!

Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyn302587

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois