Am I Getting Smarter or Just Older?

Jeez I think I’d rather trade some of my older brains for some of my younger brawn again!
@Ragman
I'm hearing you brother. My brain tells me I can still do at 63 what I could at 30. Brain wins and I do it and end up sore as crap the next day and the brain says I got you again you silly old fart.
Bob

So I was just sitting here looking at some photos of this years hunts and they got me thinking. I used to shoot deer and antelope and drag them for miles back to the truck or back to camp,View attachment 440099View attachment 440104View attachment 440106 but this year was different. Take a look at these photos and tell me what you think. Am I getting smarter or just getting older?

Both. I carried a mature red deer doe for a mighty long ways years ago.
Had a muscle near my right shoulder pop up. Sure was painful for a long, long time.
So I reckon you are very much smarter!!

Both. I carried a mature red deer doe for a mighty long ways years ago.
Had a muscle near my right shoulder pop up. Sure was painful for a long, long time.
So I reckon you are very much smarter!!
Brains and brawn. Hopefully we retain enough brawn to do some of what the brain thinks we can. I hate to get in the middle of something and have the brain say I can't do that anymore. But there is always a Plan B, C, D, etc.

Brains and brawn. Hopefully we retain enough brawn to do some of what the brain thinks we can. I hate to get in the middle of something and have the brain say I can't do that anymore. But there is always a Plan B, C, D, etc.

If you have plan B etc
You really expect to fail on Plan A

Already have someone with you to carry the animal!

Maybe we are getting a little smarter each day as we kill off those weaker brain cells with a hit of good whiskey at the appropriate times. So far I have yet to find an inappropriate time.

I’m going with that. :unsure:

I have been looking at Viking Solutions Rack Jack Magnum https://www.vikingsl.com/ for several years now. I'm getting very close to "pulling the trigger" on this. At 78 I'm not much help, and my once robust sons aren't getting any younger. LOL

This spring I was up at my BILs ( age 75) place outside Talkeetna fixing his propane heater. I asked if her like me to attach the rototiller to his tractor, as I was there.
His steering wasn't working too good, so hooking up was not going smoothly. His brother (age 70) said "let's just move this thing into position".
I said "that things heavy, and we ain't none of us the men we were 20 years ago".

i suspect as we age we learn how to cope with lesser physical abilities and because of our experience, have learned a better way to accomplish the task.

i have discovered over time that i am somewhat of a "lazy genius" when it comes to physical tasks :)

i suspect as we age we learn how to cope with lesser physical abilities and because of our experience, have learned a better way to accomplish the task.

i have discovered over time that i am somewhat of a "lazy genius" when it comes to physical tasks :)

Like have someone to help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,