Always do as you Professional Hunter says

also....very good shooting. the 2nd buff was already on the move when he pulled the trigger.

also....very good shooting. the 2nd buff was already on the move when he pulled the trigger.
I was thinking it’s a good thing the shot on 2nd buffalo was good. If the PH couldn’t 100% confirm it was wounded before it ran off, it could have turned into a terrible day for all involved.

The hunter said he didn't see the other in the scope. Another reason not to dial up the magnification a ton.
The area is fairly open. Buffalos were on the open.
Hunter should have situational awarness, and also PH.

They were supposed to know that two buffalos are around before first shot was taken. And then to focus on chosen one.

Good part is that first two shots were good and effective, and buffalos dropped. Having two wounded buffalos would be very bad situation. (and with same price tag to pay later)

I was thinking it’s a good thing the shot on 2nd buffalo was good. If the PH couldn’t 100% confirm it was wounded before it ran off, it could have turned into a terrible day for all involved.
I am guessing South Africa. I am sure they (or at least the PH) were aware of both. The cameraman is shooting a closeup of the animal the PH wants taken. Looks like the second was bedded and stood with the shot and as the first bull broke. The client came out of recoil and picked up the wrong one. Heck of a shot on the second bull - and a very expensive morning.

If you are not sure do not pull the trigger......especially in open terrain like that.....3rd shot should also not have been taken at that point..."WAIT WAIT" bang.....oh man....expensive mistake.....

Not condoning what happened but the shooter was sitting down which would of changed his view of the two buffalo. Plus you can't tell just what the shooter was seeing from the camera angle which was more behind the PH than the shooter.

One heck of a day, now he has bookends for his man cave.

It was with John X Safaris and Greg as PH. Two views of the hunt is available on their Instagram. Maybe on other Social Media as well‍♂️?
So Eastern Cape? That would make this a stocked buffalo operation - which makes each of those bulls quite valuable. In a wilderness area, a second accidently killed animal sometimes can be written off as an indigenous use animal.

I watched this done with an elephant in the Caprivi several years ago (I'll leave out the well known PH's name). It was an almost the identical situation except thick riverine cover. There were two PHs along, two bulls and one client. The client wacked a bull, one of the PH's followed up as the bull ran and stumbled into cover, then both wacked him again as he emerged from cover dropping him. As they walked toward him, a second motionless gray mound appeared in the brush into which the animal had first had disappeared.

The stumbling bull was uninjured, merely clumsy.

In that case, the owner/operator/senior PH on the hunt was able to get a local use permit for the second animal. The client was able to choose the largest. Sometimes everyone can be fooled.

In this case, I am confident the kids' college savings plan probably took a hit.

Why can I not get this video to work?

In this case, I am confident the kids' college savings plan probably took a hit.
I keep thinking if this had been on a hunting estate in New Zealand instead. The 400 SCI stag and 550 SCI stag look pretty similar in a group of stags, but price tag isn’t anywhere close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross