AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, South Africa
My son and I recently had a successful alligator hunt, I have fleshed and salted the hides and am preparing to ship them off for tanning. I am currently looking for the best options for makers to turn the finished hides into leather goods

You can have them tanned at Sebring Custom Tanning in Sebring Fl. Then find a leather smith to make your goods. That way you are pretty much assured they are your hides being used.

Yes that is the plan will most likely be sending them to American tanning and leather for the tanning. Mostly looking for recommendations on a leathersmith

Hill Country Leather in Mountain Home Ark made a few custom belts for me. One from gator. He is a good communicator and did a nice job and reasonably priced. He works all kinds of exotic leathers.
Ed

I sold one, and kept the other one. I had it tanned in a cognac color to eventually make something, and my mom suggested I hang it on the wall. It's been on my wall ever since. :)

I am going on a gator hunt this mid-October in Louisiana with a couple of buddies and am looking into having some boots made by James Leddy of Abilene. They seem to be fairly well recommended and have some good looking safari boots.

I was also recommended by another member that had some items made from his gator hides; Crescent belts out of Slidell Louisiana for wallets and belts, boots made by Loveless in Oklahoma City.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!