Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, USA: NY, PA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, TX, AZ, MT, WY, AK
I am planning (read: saving) for my future plains game hunt in hopefully 2017. However in the meantime i am getting very impatient becuase local hunting season is over here in South Carolina on Public land. I am currently set up to go to Florida in July to finally take a Boar with my bow and my fiance is going to shoot her first "large" animal, being a meat hog. With looking all over for Hog Hunts i see a bunch of Alligator hunts also. Who has gone Gator hunting with a bow? I'd prefer to hunt in the day but I'll do whatever the guides suggest. Is it worth the money? Looking to shoot a smaller Alligator as i dont plant to do any crazy taxidermy. Something in the 8' range.

What is everyones' thoughts? I am generally looking to plan a couple "cheap" hunts each summer to keep me busy until deer and hog seasons come back around.

Also, whats the best and reasonably priced thing to do with gator skin? Was thinking just a wall peice but dont know if they will last like a impala back skin?

Thanks,
Dale

I have done gator with rifle, bow and crossbow. it's fun especially when you do it with a float setup (not legal everywhere). After the gator is hit you chase the float and pull him in. it's not so much fun on a hook and line. Just my opinion. i think you get more for your money doing a gar trip, more shooting involved.

i havent seen (havnt looked for) a gar trip. Now i have a new thing to add to the future hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg