Algeria lifts 25 year long ban on hunting

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://africa.cgtn.com/2020/09/15/algeria-lifts-25-year-long-ban-on-hunting/

Algeria lifts 25 year long ban on hunting

The Algerian government has announced it is lifting the ban on hunting imposed more than 25 years ago because of an Islamist insurgency that was raging at the time, this is according to a report by the BBC.

The ban is said to have led to a surge in the population of boars, causing a big nuisance in rural areas where they damaged agricultural land.

Authorized hunting will now be able to take place for the next six months, Agriculture Minister Abdelhamid Hamdani was quoted by the Algerian press agency as saying.

In the early 1990s, the authorities decided to confiscate hunting guns and ban hunting after armed insurgents started to steal the weapons and use them in their attacks.

The ban on hunting other animals and birds has also been lifted.

They should have just opened season on Islamist insurgents and kept big game open!

Except for boars what other huntable game especially unique to them do they have available?

Except for boars what other huntable game especially unique to them do they have available?

They also have Barbary Sheep, Dorcas Gazelle and Cuvier Gazelle, but not huntable as far as I know.

But I´ll keep an eye on it, I love those gazelles and Algeria is close for me

That's the only place in the world I'd want to hunt a Barbary Sheep! In their native habitat on the Barbary Coast!
Agree . . . but can't say I'd go there to hunt boar.

I would like to hunt them on the Barbary Coast as well but in the mean time,an open range hunt in west Texas is pretty cool! Love to travel but also like an American Passport in my back pocket!

I'd love to hunt aoudad or gazelle, but I'd even go to hunt pigs just because I'd love to travel to Algeria.

Tanks for sharing

A huge country of nearly one million sq miles. Inhabited by the Berbers who are well known to shoot first and forget the questions. With the ubiquitous AK-47 and its congeners, and even a few French Lebels being shot there (my friend tells me.), small wonder that the addax became extinct. In Algeria. Not Texas. Still, this could be the first step in making animals actually have value. But, the adage "Africa is for Africans" may still prevail. And that means, "if it moves, eat it". Good news, nonetheless........not much of that lately........thanks for posting...............................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross