Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

And the worst one ever. "White hunter black heart".

Clint would say:

Feeling lucky kid? Who do you want pointing a prop gun at you - me or Alex?

Personally, I would go with Clint every time.

Gentlemen,
Clint Eastwood has his own shooting range and enjoys informal target shooting. He was also a rescue diver in the army.

@Sabattiboy
Don't forget one of my favorites when he played with an M1 Garand.
Grand Torino and countless oth war movies he was in.
Bob
He didn't mind pointing the M1 and 1911 at people but didn't like it when the neighbor pointed the M1 at him in the basement.
One of my favorites is Heartbreak Ridge.
I was totally Pissed at Eastwood over Dirty Harry. Dad bought an M29 6.5 inch bbl in 1961 and I started shooting it at 8 yoa. I loved that gun and couldn't wait until I turned 21 yoa to buy one. He wrecked the market in 1971 and I turned 21 in 1974. They sold as high as $800 when the MSRP was $141. I finally got one a year later for $500. GRRRRRRR!

Clint would say:

Feeling lucky kid? Who do you want pointing a prop gun at you - me or Alex?

Personally, I would go with Clint every time.
Clint has a better record so far.
I heard years ago, whether true or not, that the killer character in Dirty Harry suffered hearing trauma from the blank fired at him at the end. It was not an official news thing but thought it possible at the time. I would think they would know better even in 1971. In the actual filming the gun may never have been aimed at him the way the scene implied.

As I said months ago…..

According to ABC News, which obtained a copy of the FBI's forensic report, the gun used on the New Mexico movie set could not have been fired without the trigger being pulled.

The FBI conducted an accidental discharge test and determined the gun used in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins "could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger," the report stated, according to the outlet.

I hope he gets what he deserves, but we all know unfortunately that its not going to happen. He is a phucking phuck, and he’ll have to live with that burden the rest of his life. That’s is if he really cares, which I doubt he does.

According to a press release, the Santa Fe Sheriffs' detectives received the FBI's completed forensic reports on Aug. 2. They were then forwarded to the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator (OMI) "for review."

"The OMI had advised the Sheriff's Office that they required these forensic reports to finalize their investigation," the release reads. The sheriff's office received the "official OMI reports" on Wednesday.

Per the release, detectives with the homicide and computer crimes unit at the Suffolk County Police Department in New York are still actively assisting the Santa Fe Sheriffs' office in obtaining and processing Alec Baldwin’s phone records.

"The District Attorney’s office has been working with Suffolk County PD, and Baldwin’s lawyer to acquire the phone records," Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said. "Once Suffolk County PD completes its agency assist and sends those records to New Mexico law enforcement, our detectives will need to then thoroughly review those phone records for evidentiary purposes."

Once the phone records are obtained, as well as the official OMI and forensic reports are reviewed, the Santa Fe Sheriff's investigative case will be sent to the district attorney for review and ultimately final charging decisions.

According to a press release, the Santa Fe Sheriffs' detectives received the FBI's completed forensic reports on Aug. 2. They were then forwarded to the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator (OMI) "for review."

"The OMI had advised the Sheriff's Office that they required these forensic reports to finalize their investigation," the release reads. The sheriff's office received the "official OMI reports" on Wednesday.

Per the release, detectives with the homicide and computer crimes unit at the Suffolk County Police Department in New York are still actively assisting the Santa Fe Sheriffs' office in obtaining and processing Alec Baldwin’s phone records.

"The District Attorney’s office has been working with Suffolk County PD, and Baldwin’s lawyer to acquire the phone records," Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said. "Once Suffolk County PD completes its agency assist and sends those records to New Mexico law enforcement, our detectives will need to then thoroughly review those phone records for evidentiary purposes."

Once the phone records are obtained, as well as the official OMI and forensic reports are reviewed, the Santa Fe Sheriff's investigative case will be sent to the district attorney for review and ultimately final charging decisions.
All the above sounds like stall tactics to me. I’m in no way affiliated with law in any way, but I’m fairly convinced if I shot another person that after 10 months I would be in jail.

It appears justice is not the same for everyone.

As I said months ago…..

According to ABC News, which obtained a copy of the FBI's forensic report, the gun used on the New Mexico movie set could not have been fired without the trigger being pulled.

The FBI conducted an accidental discharge test and determined the gun used in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins "could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger," the report stated, according to the outlet.

Yeah, that's how guns work, you pull the trigger to make them go off. At least that's how mine work, but I don't point them at people.

All the above sounds like stall tactics to me. I’m in no way affiliated with law in any way, but I’m fairly convinced if I shot another person that after 10 months I would be in jail.

It appears justice is not the same for everyone.
"You're innocent until you run out of money" Johnnie Cochran, O.J. Simpson Lawyer.

I guess he feels this incident has damaged his life more than it damaged the woman he killed…. Says it has taken years off his life and hurt his career.

Clint has a better record so far.
I heard years ago, whether true or not, that the killer character in Dirty Harry suffered hearing trauma from the blank fired at him at the end. It was not an official news thing but thought it possible at the time. I would think they would know better even in 1971. In the actual filming the gun may never have been aimed at him the way the scene implied.
More than likely the revolver wasn't actually aimed at the actor. Hearing damage at close-ish ranges, if the blanks were sufficiently powerful and ear protection isn't used, is certainly possible, though. I know that during the filming of Terminator 2, Linda Hamilton (Sarah Connor) suffered permanent hearing damage during a scene where she and Arnie are shooting at the other Terminator while inside an elevator. The set was pretty much as enclosed as possible to emulate an actual metal-walled elevator and Hamilton's earplugs weren't put in correctly. Arnold was firing a 10-bore shotgun while Hamilton was using a 1911 variant chambered for 9mm blanks (.45 ACP blanks were finicky for years), and they fire a lot of rounds in an enclosed metal space.

My ears are presently both ringing but at noticeably different frequencies. Farm work as a kid, shooting since I was 11, and two decades as a US Marine tents to leave an audible mark...

"New Mexico

State grants half of requested funding to DA for potential ‘Rust’ prosecutions
Brianna Wilson | KOB
Updated: September 23, 2022 - 6:27 PM
Published: September 23, 2022 - 6:20 PM

SANTA FE, N.M. — Nearly a year after the shooting death of beloved cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the ‘Rust’ set, prosecutors are asking the state for more than half a million dollars in funding.

During a New Mexico State Board of Finance meeting Tuesday, First Judicial District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said she was within a week – if not days – from receiving a final report from the sheriff’s office."

Looks like there could be some movement soon in the legal proceedings.

"The proposed settlement announced today in Matthew Hutchins’ wrongful death case against 'Rust' movie producers, including Alec Baldwin, in the death of Halyna Hutchins will have no impact on District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altweis’ ongoing investigation or her ultimate decision whether to file criminal charges in the case," Heather Brewer, a spokesperson for the DA's office, told USA TODAY in a statement.

"While civil suits are settled privately and often involve financial awards, criminal cases deal only in facts. If the facts and evidence warrant criminal charges under New Mexico law then charges will be brought. No one is above the law."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross