ALASKA: Frog Morton Hunts Brown Bear

You are entitled to your opinion but it would be nice if you could voice it in a less offensive way.

Being from Alaska, I’m sure you are aware that baiting brown/grizzly bear has been introduced in some areas in an effort to reduce the population. It is being used as a management tool, and from what I understand, effectively.

Personally, I spot and stalk bear, but I respect others right to bait them where it is legal.

You are entitled to your opinion but it would be nice if you could voice it in a less offensive way.

Being from Alaska, I’m sure you are aware that baiting brown/grizzly bear has been introduced in some areas in an effort to reduce the population. It is being used as a management tool, and from what I understand, effectively.

Personally, I spot and stalk bear, but I respect others right to bait them where it is legal.
In my “opinion “ my post was far less offensive than your reply. Thus my response.
We as a people and members of this or any forum, shouldn’t assume that we are more knowledgeable in a subject than any other member And therefore shouldn’t presume that The other member needs to be “educated”
Merry Christmas

Fair point, Merry Christmas.

@john Harvard where you live and hunt in Alaska there was no need to educate you. My apologies for that inaccurate assumption. It's obvious that we see hunting over bait differently. That is your right. In some cases it makes sense to me. We will agree to disagree.
I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.
Bruce

@john Harvard where you live and hunt in Alaska there was no need to educate you. My apologies for that inaccurate assumption. It's obvious that we see hunting over bait differently. That is your right. In some cases it makes sense to me. We will agree to disagree.
I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.
Bruce
We’re good sir. No worries at all.
Merry Christmas

Thanks all, for the kind words and opinions, and I appreciate all the fellow hunters who took the time to read my hunt report! Brown bears are certainly among the wiliest and most intelligent predator species on this earth, and it is my opinion that legally hunting them over bait is no less ethical than spot and stalk. This is simply my opinion, however, and I respect that others may have differing views on the matter. Many healthy discussions have been had on this forum over a myriad of things, and this subject is no less worthy than any other – I’m aware of at least one other AH thread regarding hunting over bait, which may be a better place to carry on the conversation so that more forum members may benefit from it (tucked away on the tail end of an old hunt report, I didn’t notice these new comments until they were nearly a month old!). Again, I appreciate everyone who read this report and shared their thoughts and opinions.

All the best for the New Year,

Frog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.