Media
Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Alan Sackman, Big Game Hunter

Alan1.jpg

Alan Sackman was born with a gun in his hands, or close to it, Growing up on a farm in upper New York State, his career stared with a .22 rifle at the age of 8 and a 20 ga. shotgun at the age of 10. Woodchucks and rabbits at that point were not safe. Teenage years were spent trapping muskrats for their skin and a profit, which became his first business adventure, but his prep school and college years put a large crimp in the hunting schedule.

In Sackman’s 60 years of hunting he has accomplished and enviable history, harvesting over 250 big game species. Much of the world has seen or heard his footsteps, while he has completed all of SCI’s Diamond Grand Slam awards, except the turkey slam.

Hunting sheep and goats of the world, 51 in total with 44 different species, has also been a very special and proud accomplishment. Not only is Alan well grounded in pulling the trigger, but his knowledge of ballistics, the habitat and instincts of the animal, and the careful preparation of the animal for taxidermy have all melded him into a well rounded hunter.

Alan2.jpg

Hunters of the world share the same concern – Conservation. Sackman is certainly very much part of this group. He is co-founder of the Murelle Foundation, dedicated to preserving and studying the Mountain Nyala population, which to date has had a very positive result.

Sackman, at every turn has been an ethical proponent and ambassador for the hunting world and extremely proud to be a small part of the Weatherby Foundation family, a lifetime achievement.

Alan3.jpg

The awarding each year of the Weatherby Hunting and Conservation Award rests in the hands of a very competent Selection Committee, which studies the attributes and accomplishments of the individual nominees to determine who, in their minds, may merit this highly coveted hunting award. Careful attention was given in choosing members of this committee by the directors of Weatherby Foundation International.

The 2008 Weatherby Hunting and Conservation Award was presented to Alan Sackman by Dr. Lawrence Rudolph, last year’s recipient of the award, in the Grand Ballroom of the Silver Legacy Hotel in Reno on January 20, 2009 with an attendance of over 500 guests.

Monish

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross