AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Nimrod Rifle Club, DSC, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Texas, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, Namibia, Botswana, Northern Cape, Alberta, Natal, Zambia
Wouldn't surprise me. Just don't collapse until late October. LOL (y)

Wouldn't surprise me. Just don't collapse until late October. LOL (y)

For years you've been reading about their difficulties.
European flights were partly stopped and you take your place with a strange feeling in their airplanes.......
But it is also a sign of megalomania, a poor country, no more inhabitants than Houston city and then its own airline, plus African management - how is that supposed to work?
Hope the international air traffic control has a good eye on the machines.

Last edited:
I feel sure that Namibian President "Dr"...Hage Geingob......can solve the problems at Air Namibia. After all, he warned the West, "don't underestimate our intelligence" . (surely not)..as he was being duped by The Chinese.......perhaps he will loan a few of his private jets..............in the mean time, I am rethinking my travel options......thanks for the post.............FWB

When you have time constraints getting to Namibia is not easy. If seems that hunting is growing in the country but you sure can’t get to the capital straight from any US city.....at least I haven’t found anything yet.
I want to hunt there but it adds an extra day and an overnight in Johannesburg for me!

When you have time constraints getting to Namibia is not easy. If seems that hunting is growing in the country but you sure can’t get to the capital straight from any US city.....at least I haven’t found anything yet.
I want to hunt there but it adds an extra day and an overnight in Johannesburg for me!

Im looking at Ethiopian airlines i think i can get there from dulles without overnighting anywhere. Ill be talkin with @Travel Express after next week. Really dont want to lose all that time.

Im looking at Ethiopian airlines i think i can get there from dulles without overnighting anywhere. Ill be talkin with @Travel Express after next week. Really dont want to lose all that time.

Let me know what you find out

I flew Air Namibia twice, 2014 and 2015 non-stop Frankfurt to Windhoek (I was living in Germany) The flight was fine both times and on time ( a rarity in America) Of course I had no indication of their financial status but bankruptcy wouldn't surprise me.

Ethiopian? I hope you guys don't think about them too long. After the news came out about how many hours those two incompetents had in the 737 MAX crash, I would rather drive. :A Drive:

Ethiopian? I hope you guys don't think about them too long. After the news came out about how many hours those two incompetents had in the 737 MAX crash, I would rather drive. :A Drive:
Air time aside they had about 4 or 5 sec to figure out what had screwed there whole flight system that being one sensor.
Fly by wire can really mess you up when computers take over with no way to bypass them.
737 MAX flying coffins as currently set up that’s why the whole fleet is grounded until proper fix found and installed by manufacturer.
Please don’t blame the pilots for Boeing’s design screwup.

Previous to the crashes, two pilots recovered the same aircraft in the same flight regime. Beside that, any aircraft I flew, if I was headed straight for the ground, I would pull the throttle. I wouldn't leave it firewalled. There are aircraft operators and then there are pilots. The accident reports are replete with the former.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...in-cockpit-saved-a-737-max-that-later-crashed

Here's another viewpoint:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeremy...em-with-the-plane-or-the-pilots/#28b0dbbd584a

Last edited:
You can catch a late SAA flight (arriving on DL200) as we did this year to WDH. It is only a couple days a week and a short 2.5 hour layover. It worked for us.

You can catch a late SAA flight (arriving on DL200) as we did this year to WDH. It is only a couple days a week and a short 2.5 hour layover. It worked for us.

What time of night did it leave and did you take your own guns?

What time of night did it leave and did you take your own guns?
DL 200 arrives at 5:30 and SA 78 departs at 7:30. Don’t doddle get through passport control line quickly. This is a reason for being in PE or Comfort + as you are closer to the front of he plane and through the line before it ever really forms! Yes we took our guns with us. It is a short layover but worth the risk in my opinion. It is the fastest way for us to get to Namibia.
Worst case scenario you get a room in JNB and your bags will likely stay in transit.
Philip

Also worth considering is if you need to get thru international passport control quickly use Henry’s rifle permit service, I did that this year and for the $100 he charged
me it was well worth it. Turns out I probably didn’t need him as when I raced to the area I was one of the first there. I only had a 1 hour and 35 minute layover.

We just left Windhoek on SAA on Friday. The Namibian air flight at the next gate was a total goat rope, over four hours late, and still on the ground when we left. The Namibians we know use SAA if that is any indication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross