AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
- The costs for a rifle (+case), including 5kg ammunition are 80,00 EUR per destination. There is NO exception.
- If the passenger holds a "through-ticket" (from place of departure up to the destination), then the rifle case(s) can be checked through to his/her final destination. A lot of passengers however prefer separate tickets, as they are cheaper, but then the luggage cannot be checked through to the final destination and it might happen that one will be charged again for the rifle case at the transit airport.
- A rifle cannot be treated the same as a normal suitcase! There is a different procedure that needs to be followed and that is why the fee for rifles is charged.
- The foreign exchange bureau is not open 24/7 and they do not accept Euro’s at the check-in, but only Namibian Dollars. They do have card machines that can be used though.
- YOU CAN PAY FOR YOUR RIFLE/CASE and AMMUNITION WHEN YOU BOOK YOUR TICKET! Ask your travel agents about this option, it can prevent a lot of hassle at the airport.

Source: Namibian Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Good warning.

I witnessed this first hand last year in Frankfurt. A fellow behind me in line had to pay the new fee.
I was lucky to have purchased my ticket before the inception date.

Air Namibia wants to grow and this is how they do it? Dumb.

Good way to grow a reputation, that is ridiculous!

does this charge apply to bow & arrow? how much money is this in US dollars ? Thanks

Delta is ready when you are! No charge from them other than normal bag rates. This stuff of charging for bags has just become a racket for many airlines sad to say. Sounds like air Nambi wants to make it difficult as well.

unfortunately, as each airline sees what the others are getting away with, they eventually follow suit.

the airlines are charging these fees to cover their costs that they are charged from having to use the airport security companies, who take charge of the firearms from check in to placement on the aircraft. not great but like a lot of things these days companies are no longer willing/capable of absorbing these small extra costs...........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.