AHR Custom CZ 550 American Safari Magnum 460 Weatherby Magnum

Rocco490

AH fanatic
Reaction score
For sale new unfired mint condition AHR CZ 550 American Safari Magnum 460 Weatherby Magnum 26" barrel NOT ported bare rifle weight around 10 pounds. Factory Turkish Walnut stock this rifle is exactly like the 500 a square I sold on here except barreled and chambered in the classic 460 weatherby magnum cartridge. I also have a box of weatherby 500 grain solids 20 rounds purchased about 2 years ago for sale as well. I do not need to sell this rifle and am not interested in low offers I can not replace this rifle, finding cz 550 416 rigby actions to build off is getting harder and more expensive and it was built by wayne at AHR and I don't think I could get another one built by him and his work is first class. I kept the factory trigger just had wayne polish and tune it to 3.5 pounds and kept the factory safety, the barrel was custom wayne chambered it to 460 weatherby and cut it and crowned it to 26" and did the sights and barrel band sling, bedded the action into the factory turkish walnut stock and refinished all the metal and went over the action and fine tuned it for the 460 weatherby cartridge bolt, rails ect... this is a superb rifle for dangerous game in a very powerful cartridge. $4200 for rifle only the ammo is extra.

IMG_7045.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

this has pictures of the 500 a square they were twins apart from the bore size and chambering to give folks an idea of what it looks like until I can get the photos of this specific one posted

Very nice! I'm sure one of the large bore Weatherby aficionados here will jump on this like BobNelson35Whelen on a, well, a .35 Whelen?

What do you want for the box of 460 why ammo?

$170 plus shipping and only after the rifle sells because if it does not sell I will not sell the ammo I cant get more anywhere right now

No firm commitment from the party I thought was purchasing so it's available pm me if interested

I finally got around to getting it out and getting photos. Computer challenged working on getting them uploaded

Had a person locally who expressed interest in purchasing but that fell threw then had a member on here who expressed interest and may still have interest but the rifle IS FOR SALE and because of that I went ahead and posted some photos. My bottom dollar price on the rifle is $3500.

bump my bottom dollar price has been adjusted downward.......
3000 plus shipping this is a great deal!!!

I'll take that box of ammo for $170 if you'd separate now

Very nice rifle. I can't believe that the government of Canada Prohibited that cartridge.

Best of luck on your sale of a beauty of a rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smithcaterine92

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg