AH Members at SCI Kansas City Expo 2016

Bill and Charlie cornering a potential client. That just isn't fair!!!! :confused::p:eek::rolleyes:

Now Royal.....I would simply state the facts! Billc might put on a full court press ....just saying.

You mean I am flying to Vegas for a show and they have one in KC

You mean I am flying to Vegas for a show and they have one in KC

@lwaters there was indeed a small SCI show last weekend in Kansas City sponsored by the local chapter.
Stop by the Monster Buck Classic in Topeka this weekend as Pieter has a booth at the show.

Was this a pretty big show? Only 3 hour drive. Would be fun to check out next year.

Was this a pretty big show? Only 3 hour drive. Would be fun to check out next year.

Not really. The KC SCI show is rather small, but you do get to meet outfitters face to face!

Are most the booths hunting? Any idea on the number of booths?

As I recall there were about 30 exhibits of which a third were outfitters.

I saw Pieter at the monster buck show. Enjoyed our vist s d will see him at the SCI get together

@Ryanlo, curious which direction from KC you hail from. I am 3 hours South in Springfield.

@Ryanlo, curious which direction from KC you hail from. I am 3 hours South in Springfield.
I am straight South in the northwest corner of AR. We go up to basspro a lot in Springfield.

I am straight South in the northwest corner of AR. We go up to basspro a lot in Springfield.

@Ryanlo, look me up sometime when you are in town. Always looking for someone to talk safaris with. Also, if you are looking for a taxidermist for your upcoming safari, we have a great one south of Springfield. Does a lot of African work and his showroom is worth a visit.

Hoping by the time our trip comes we will be able to bring a lioness back into the states.

I would like to find a guy good with cats with in a day drive. Daughter is wanting a caracal pretty bad. If she gets one it will need to be a life size.

I will let you know next time we are up that way.

Jim does a lot of cats and has a couple of leopards and lions (his own mounts) in his showroom. Let me know when you are in town and I'll introduce you. I always enjoy going to his shop. I am headed to Zim in May for leopard and, provided I am successful, he'll do a full body mount for me. His website is totallyawesometaxidermy.com.

Ryanlo, take your daughter up to Jim Guist's Totally Awesome Taxidermy near Springfield. If she is as persuasive as most girls her age you will be going to Africa more often than you think. Going into his Gallery and seeing his trophies is much better than just loo9king at them online. Jim is a "good ole boy" and loves to talk to fellow hunters. Jim has done a number of Rams for us and really nice White Tail, he is going to be doing the taxidermy work on our Safari animals. I live in Michigan and there are a lot of Taxidermists closer than he is.

Regarding the KC show, it is small but you will have the opportunity to talk to several outfitters, one on one. This past year there were a number of African hunts that were auctioned off for $700.00 or less, mostly less. If you are planning to go anyway, these are great prices to which you can additional animals if desired. This year the auctions were held on Friday and Saturday nights after a reasonably good dinner. They also have a "silent auction" that spans the duration of the show. This year I won 5 boxes of Sierra Bullets (my choice) for $60.00.

We will be going to check out his shop for sure. Nice having it so close by. Save a lot just on shipping. Glade to hear of the work he does. Yea I am sure we will be going back after our first trip. Wife and other kids want to go pretty bad as well. 5 kids airfair adds up pretty fast

5 kids airfair adds up pretty fast

I hear ya! Our last safari I paid airfare for 5 - my wife and I, 2 adult sons and daughter-in-law. Ouch.

We are going to NZ next month. For us all to fly from Houston non stop to Auckland it's $5400. Got a great deal on flights. Wife 5 kids and myself. Took a while to save up. But will be our one big family trip over seas all together

We are going to NZ next month. For us all to fly from Houston non stop to Auckland it's $5400. Got a great deal on flights. Wife 5 kids and myself. Took a while to save up. But will be our one big family trip over seas all together

Is this a hunting trip or just sightseeing? If hunting what animals will you be going after?

Both. 1 week hunting 2 weeks showing the family around. I lived there for a year 15 years ago.
Wife and older son hunting stag. Daughter and another son goats and sheep. Then I am shooting a fallow. Most the time wife and kids just hunt. Always enjoy watching them more then getting one myself. Looking forward to getting back down there and see what's changed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.