AH Get Together In Vegas During Safari Club International (SCI) Convention 2014

I did the same dobber wish I could have seen more of you guys there but had to take the wife out. I did meet a few on the floor but missed the happy hour. Now just trying to finalize a trip to Asia this year I think a OZ buffalo is in order.

I did the same dobber wish I could have seen more of you guys there but had to take the wife out. I did meet a few on the floor but missed the happy hour. Now just trying to finalize a trip to Asia this year I think a OZ buffalo is in order.

It was great to meet you at the Hartzview booth. If you're thinking of an Oz buff hunt, I'd recommend looking up Paul T here on the forum. While I've not hunted with him yet, I plan to someday.

thanks Phil I have looked up Paul T place and am considering him also been talking to Simon from southern big game safaris. Still trying to workout dates for flights as I will be taking my wife and son and spending a week in the Philippines. So I need a place in Darwin to hold my rifle for a week also and it will be late season so I don't hit the monsoon season there I'm looking October

Hi Everyone, sorry it's taken me so long to post! Going to the show always stirs up a lot of busy-ness for me and this year was extra busy. Anyway thanks to all the members and lurkers who showed up to the meet up and made it so enjoyable and entertaining. We had a pretty good turn out considering all of the different directions people can go in Vegas. It seems to me that each year gets better and better and more comfortable as now there are some familiar faces to connect with as well as new ones. My wife and I really enjoy ourselves each year, but this year was definitely the best one so far, so we can't wait till next year.

As BRICBURN pointed out, I too would like to send a special thank you to all of the ladies who came to the show and/or meet up and who support our passion/obsession.

I have to apologize because I did not take any pictures at the get together, too much fun talking and meeting everyone, anyway what happens in Vegas bah,blah,blah...

I also had the chance to meet and see again some of you on the show floor, which is always very nice! I've been thinking that next year we should have a booth or place on the show floor each day where AH members who can not make it to the meet up can get together or just because they want to hang out.

Looking forward to next year!

ps. spike.t my wife says Rocky is Awesome! :bighello:

Last edited by a moderator:
ps. spike.t my wife says Rocky is Awesome! :bighello:

jerome i just showed Rocky this post and she fell about laughing! she said she had a great time talking to your madam and says to say hi. :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as they say, I'm a day late and a dollar short in posting to this thread. (I got home and had to leave on a vacation with my wife.) Friday evening was great fun. It was great meeting everyone and putting some faces (plus real names) with names from the site. Jerome, thanks for making it happen. You are a great host, with a charming wife. Thanks again.

I stayed a little longer after the show was over.
Then I have been paiting my house and working on my car. So much fun :( You would think that if a water pump will last 250,000 miles it should just keep going. Same with motor mounts.
Back to the show and get together. I was there for the whole show and had a good time. I met some people on the show floor and others at the get together. I would like to thank those people who made me feel really welcome and part of the group. It was a nice get together with really good people.
Somebody I have never met stopped me the last day and asked if I had a ticket to the dinner? I said no and he asked me if I wanted to go? Then gave me the ticket free. That was an unexpected surprise. His name was Doug also.

So all I can say is thanks to a great group of people I had a good time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg