AH Get Together In Houston During Houston Safari Club (HSC) Convention 2018

Anyone going to Houston, willing to check my safe door prize number if I mail them my card?

Hate to miss it as my office is literally next door but will be chasing quail in GA.

Went to the show today and saw and spoke with several AH sponsors: @Bullet Safaris , @Limcroma Safaris , @McDonald Safaris

upload_2018-1-27_19-48-40.png

Sorry to have missed you yesterday, Dave.

I had plans to head to the range today, but am going to act like I'm not wanting to go...hoping Kathy maybe reconsidered her skipping HSC and will decide to head over today.

She did spend some time on the computer yesterday looking at Kay Cotton and Alaska Fur Gallery...so she has not completely shaken the idea of a fur!

I think getting in that car wreck Monday took the wind out of her spending sails....

Tim,

Sorry to hear about your wife's car wreck. The fur trader's were well represented at the show, including a local Houston merchant called Woody's http://woodysfurs.com/

The Houston show is a fraction of the size of the Dallas show, but I still managed to spend about 6 hours there. I met a guy that I worked with in Nigeria and we went up and down every ailse a couple of times. In addition to talking with several AH sponsors, I visited with a couple of other outfitters that I have hunted with, Butch King with Wildman Lake Outfitters in Alaska and Marina Lamprecht with Hunter's Namibia Outfitter.

I was hoping to talk with Hill Country Rifles about a little conversion project I want them to do for me, but they didn't have a booth this year.

One of the AH sponsors I talked with was @McDonald Safaris about a bucket list hunt in Moz. I'm wondering if I tell my wife I'm going to McDonald's, will she be just a little suspicious if I went out the door with my rifle case and duffel bag and stayed gone for a couple weeks. :whistle: Honest honey, the drive through line was really slow!

Dave

Oh man, that McDonald Safari story is funny! We both got a great laugh out of that.

Is Mozambique for Buff or Leopard?

Mainly Buff, but if they offer a Happy Meal special that includes Leopard, that could be of interest too. Might get a bit pricey though.

Mainly Buff, but if they offer a Happy Meal special that includes Leopard, that could be of interest too. Might get a bit pricey though.

Oh yeah...it might!

But you get that little toy...so makes it worth the extra coin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.