AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2022

Since the NRA convention usually has bow and arrow and air rifle shooting available I assume the DSC convention offers feral hog shooting since it is held in Texas. :)

Since the NRA convention usually has bow and arrow and air rifle shooting available I assume the DSC convention offers feral hog shooting since it is held in Texas. :)
The native-Texan president of a pro-2A organization called me after seeing I'd made plans to attend the annual meeting at a hotel / convention hall in Texas:

Pres.: Could you teach a pistol class during the convention?
Me: Oh! How far is it between the hotel and the range?
Pres.: We're setting up a range at the hotel ...
Me: )8- o
Pres.: ... it'll just be for airguns, AirSoft, etc.. That work?
Me: Yes, sure. uhhh ... You had me going there for a bit.
Pres.: < chuckle >

Sometimes they exploit that TX reputation.
;- j

You mean these worthless Fing things? They will not be seen in daylight hours once opening day of Deer Season arrives. And these Bastards have dug a giant hole under both of my feeders which will require me to buy some fill and pack it down. And I am sure only to have the Bastards dig that out too.

1633538007027.jpeg

Last edited:
You mean these worthless Fing things? They will not be seen in daylight hours once opening day of Deer Season arrives. And these Bastards have dug a giant hole under both of my feeders which will require me to buy some fill and pack it down. And I am sure only to have the Bastards dig that out too.

View attachment 429068
When killing these giant, mutated rats I'm doing a public service.

It looks like I'll be able to attend. Gonna spend a few weeks near there during that time frame. Love to meet some of you fine folks.
Bruce

The native-Texan president of a pro-2A organization called me after seeing I'd made plans to attend the annual meeting at a hotel / convention hall in Texas:

Pres.: Could you teach a pistol class during the convention?
Me: Oh! How far is it between the hotel and the range?
Pres.: We're setting up a range at the hotel ...
Me: )8- o
Pres.: ... it'll just be for airguns, AirSoft, etc.. That work?
Me: Yes, sure. uhhh ... You had me going there for a bit.
Pres.: < chuckle >

Sometimes they exploit that TX reputation.
;- j
Years back I heard Bob Munden was going to give a shooting demonstration at a car dealership at Leavenworth Kansas. When I arrived it was setup in the repair garage with cars parked in it. I wondered if there was any concern about a wayward bullet or two.
Customer the next day: is that a bullet hole in my car?
Service rep: yes, no charge. It was put there by a famous pistol shot. :)
Turns out they use black powder capsules on balloons not real lead projectiles.

View attachment 429068
We have good luck with putting down the cattle panels with the 4'x4" squares on the ground. With your set up, the concrete blocks would definitely secure it from getting rooted up. They won't be able to root a holes and can only get the corn between the squares.

Count me and my son in, if the get together happens!

We'll be attending DSC. Hopefully the get tougher will happen too!

New to the Forum this year. Planning to go to DSC to book a safari. When is the AH get together scheduled?
It hasn't been planned yet. Normally information is put out in October, but the Covid still has things in limbo.

Are the DSC banquets worth the $ or skip and put towards hunts and/or good meals in Dallas?

@Philip Glass I know I wont be able to take some of your delicious lamb home with me but is there any chance you can bring me some HC6 seasoning pls?

Unfortunately I don’t make the seasoning anymore☹️.
Decoty Seasoning Supreme is a decent substitute.
Thanks
Philip

Well, I made my hotel reservations and booked my flight to Dallas yesterday. I'm ready and just waiting for the AH Get-together details to be finalized. I'm not big on banquets but would much rather get together with you guys.

Hotel reservations made... Now just waiting for banquet news!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg