AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2019

Thank you to everybody that was a part of arranging the evening and also everyone that made an effort to be there, just too many to mention!

I wish it would last longer as it is hard to meet everyone but it still is one of the highlights on my yearly marketing calender.

Always good to see old friends that has hunted with me and meeting new ones as well! Always a lot of fun!

Looking forward to next year!

Concur with Jacques. Was great to see some old friends and meet several new ones. Already looking forward to next year as well!

Thanks to all. Karol and I had a great time at the show and the dinner.
Met many of you while walking the show with my AH hat on. Met more at the dinner, but still feel like we have only met a small percentage of those in attendance.
We are very great full to be a part of such a great community.

Thank you to everybody that was a part of arranging the evening and also everyone that made an effort to be there, just too many to mention!

I wish it would last longer as it is hard to meet everyone but it still is one of the highlights on my yearly marketing calender.

Always good to see old friends that has hunted with me and meeting new ones as well! Always a lot of fun!

Looking forward to next year!

Surprised you can remember much about the evening...... Was good to have yet another genteel drinking session with you :D Beers::D Cool Drink::D Drunk::E Big Grin:.......and as for the jager shots.......:A Banana:......cant remember if it's you or Jerome to blame....

Last edited:
Can't do shots. They make me punchy

#MAdcox, looking forward to hearing about your trip this year.

Surprised you can remember much about the evening...... Was good to have yet another genteel drinking session with you :D Beers::D Cool Drink::D Drunk::E Big Grin:.......and as for the jager shots.......:A Banana:......cant remember if it's you or Jerome to blame....

I was not that bad at alll..... what are you talking about hahaha I always remember the “high” prices I give out after having some Jager....

Always a lot of laughter and fun with you guys... we will do it again!

Got this convention wrap-up email from DSC today. Looks like attendance was up 30% if I read this correct.

DSC Mogambo Convention Success

mail

mail
DSC Convention Levels Up, Sets More Records
2019 Show A Big Success for Visitors, Volunteers, Exhibitors
The DSC Convention, Mogambo: Dagga Boy Danger, held in Dallas in mid-January at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, saw a healthy increase in day traffic and brisk business for most exhibitors. The Greatest Hunters’ Convention on the Planet™ is one of Dallas’ largest, occupying 800,000 square feet of exhibit space for four days.

Though not required to attend the show, DSC memberships are now at a steady 6,352. More than 700 memberships were processed at the show, from people who believe in the DSC mission and want to step up and show support. The auctions and raffles raised more than $3 million. Once the 2019 grants are reviewed and approved, DSC will likely approve nearly $2 million to a variety of programs and projects that advance its mission of conservation, education, and advocacy.

Convention Chairs Charlie and Winona Barnes said, “What happened here at Mogambo wasn't about what we did, but rather what that formidable team called the DSC 100 did. We are grateful to be a part of it. There were so many special stories about volunteers going above and beyond, of staff doing the impossible, of the hotel and convention center taking care of our fantastic guests and exhibitors. All we can say is a huge thank you for this opportunity.”

DSC President Karl Evans said, “I shouldn’t be surprised, but this year’s Convention was another example of what a dedicated and passionate group of volunteers, exhibitors and corporate sponsors can accomplish together. I am both humbled and proud to be part of this organization that does so much to serve and advance the hunting industry.”

In addition to the exhibit hall activity, a number of important meetings with industry and government officials took place, among them the inaugural meeting of the DSC Conservation Advisory Board (CAB). This new group is charged with the mission of providing subject matter expertise with both regional and global perspectives on needed research, program development and advocacy. The CAB will advise and assist the DSC Board and Grants Committee on domestic and international conservation issues to ensure that DSC’s mission fulfillment is focused most appropriately.

DSC Executive Directory Corey Mason said, “When we say the world comes to Dallas, it’s true. We’ve had officials and notable conservationists from around the world sit down to discuss important matters and to cooperate on developing policies that conserve wildlife worldwide.”

Mason continued, “DSC is well underway with planning the 2020 show. The theme is Heritage, and we will improve and upgrade all the success we created at Mogambo. We cannot wait to invite the hunting world again to Dallas.”

A special thank you to our corporate sponsors for their generosity and support of our mission. Sponsors of the 2019 DSC Convention include Sports Afield, Hornady, Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s, MidwayUSA, Trijicon, Inc., WildLife Partners LLC, Boyt Harness Company, Trophy Shippers, Alford Media, Lone Star Outdoor News, Blaser USA, Inc., Capital Farm Credit, Federal Premium Ammunition, Global Rescue, Michel Mantheakis Safaris Ltd., OX Ranch, RAD Rides, Rock Island Auction Company, GASTON J. GLOCK style LP, Lochow Ranch Pond & Lake Management, RAM, Swift Bullet Company, 5.11 Tactical, Arctic North Guides, Choctaw Hunting Lodge, EuroOptic, Ltd., Legendary Consortium, Trophy West Guide Outfitters, Scott Lake Lodge, Wild Hunting in Turkey, Adam Clements Safari Trackers, Adams Alaskan Safaris, Advantage Sales Promotion, Big Time Hunts, Core-Vens Insurance, McCallum Safaris Tanzania, Esplanade Travel, Heads Above The Rest Inc., Nicholas Air, North Island Guide Outfitters, Rungwa Game Safaris, Pro Hunt Concierge Ltd., John Tolmay - Bronze Art, Uganda Wildlife Safaris Ltd., Zander Osmers Safaris, Champlin Firearms, Inc., Dirk de Bod Safaris Namibia, J/B Adventures & Safaris, Beasley's Fine Jewelry, Patrick Mavros, Baranof Wilderness Alaska Lodge, Daggaboy Hunting Safaris, Edward Jones - Abe Nayfa, NRA - Women's Leadership Forum, Pascoe Gallery, Sean Lingl's Canadian Guide Outfitters Ltd., TAG Safaris, and Wild Arts by Raj S. Paul.

Success by the numbers for Mogambo
35,523 Attendance (30% increase above last year)
1,850 Exhibits
1,006 Exhibitors
758 Memberships processed (includes 412 new, and 65 Life Members)
$3 Million Auction Dollars Raised
470 Volunteers

mail

Next year's show is Heritage, January 9-12, 2020. See you there!

Attachments

• mail-2.jpg
    mail-2.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 158
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 165
  • mail.png
    mail.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 177
Got this convention wrap-up email from DSC today. Looks like attendance was up 30% if I read this correct.

DSC Mogambo Convention Success

mail

mail
DSC Convention Levels Up, Sets More Records
2019 Show A Big Success for Visitors, Volunteers, Exhibitors
The DSC Convention, Mogambo: Dagga Boy Danger, held in Dallas in mid-January at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, saw a healthy increase in day traffic and brisk business for most exhibitors. The Greatest Hunters’ Convention on the Planet™ is one of Dallas’ largest, occupying 800,000 square feet of exhibit space for four days.

Though not required to attend the show, DSC memberships are now at a steady 6,352. More than 700 memberships were processed at the show, from people who believe in the DSC mission and want to step up and show support. The auctions and raffles raised more than $3 million. Once the 2019 grants are reviewed and approved, DSC will likely approve nearly $2 million to a variety of programs and projects that advance its mission of conservation, education, and advocacy.

Convention Chairs Charlie and Winona Barnes said, “What happened here at Mogambo wasn't about what we did, but rather what that formidable team called the DSC 100 did. We are grateful to be a part of it. There were so many special stories about volunteers going above and beyond, of staff doing the impossible, of the hotel and convention center taking care of our fantastic guests and exhibitors. All we can say is a huge thank you for this opportunity.”

DSC President Karl Evans said, “I shouldn’t be surprised, but this year’s Convention was another example of what a dedicated and passionate group of volunteers, exhibitors and corporate sponsors can accomplish together. I am both humbled and proud to be part of this organization that does so much to serve and advance the hunting industry.”

In addition to the exhibit hall activity, a number of important meetings with industry and government officials took place, among them the inaugural meeting of the DSC Conservation Advisory Board (CAB). This new group is charged with the mission of providing subject matter expertise with both regional and global perspectives on needed research, program development and advocacy. The CAB will advise and assist the DSC Board and Grants Committee on domestic and international conservation issues to ensure that DSC’s mission fulfillment is focused most appropriately.

DSC Executive Directory Corey Mason said, “When we say the world comes to Dallas, it’s true. We’ve had officials and notable conservationists from around the world sit down to discuss important matters and to cooperate on developing policies that conserve wildlife worldwide.”

Mason continued, “DSC is well underway with planning the 2020 show. The theme is Heritage, and we will improve and upgrade all the success we created at Mogambo. We cannot wait to invite the hunting world again to Dallas.”

A special thank you to our corporate sponsors for their generosity and support of our mission. Sponsors of the 2019 DSC Convention include Sports Afield, Hornady, Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s, MidwayUSA, Trijicon, Inc., WildLife Partners LLC, Boyt Harness Company, Trophy Shippers, Alford Media, Lone Star Outdoor News, Blaser USA, Inc., Capital Farm Credit, Federal Premium Ammunition, Global Rescue, Michel Mantheakis Safaris Ltd., OX Ranch, RAD Rides, Rock Island Auction Company, GASTON J. GLOCK style LP, Lochow Ranch Pond & Lake Management, RAM, Swift Bullet Company, 5.11 Tactical, Arctic North Guides, Choctaw Hunting Lodge, EuroOptic, Ltd., Legendary Consortium, Trophy West Guide Outfitters, Scott Lake Lodge, Wild Hunting in Turkey, Adam Clements Safari Trackers, Adams Alaskan Safaris, Advantage Sales Promotion, Big Time Hunts, Core-Vens Insurance, McCallum Safaris Tanzania, Esplanade Travel, Heads Above The Rest Inc., Nicholas Air, North Island Guide Outfitters, Rungwa Game Safaris, Pro Hunt Concierge Ltd., John Tolmay - Bronze Art, Uganda Wildlife Safaris Ltd., Zander Osmers Safaris, Champlin Firearms, Inc., Dirk de Bod Safaris Namibia, J/B Adventures & Safaris, Beasley's Fine Jewelry, Patrick Mavros, Baranof Wilderness Alaska Lodge, Daggaboy Hunting Safaris, Edward Jones - Abe Nayfa, NRA - Women's Leadership Forum, Pascoe Gallery, Sean Lingl's Canadian Guide Outfitters Ltd., TAG Safaris, and Wild Arts by Raj S. Paul.

Success by the numbers for Mogambo
35,523 Attendance (30% increase above last year)
1,850 Exhibits
1,006 Exhibitors
758 Memberships processed (includes 412 new, and 65 Life Members)
$3 Million Auction Dollars Raised
470 Volunteers

mail

Next year's show is Heritage, January 9-12, 2020. See you there!

Well isn't that interesting.

Keep me honest please, I recall that SCI has attendence of 15k, which was down from 20k a year prior. So DSC way up, and SCI way down. And DSC with over 2x attendence compared to SCI.

You always hear that SCI charges so much to get rid of the tire kickers and that the outfitters want it that way. I have a feeling we may find out next year if this is true .

I know there was a bunch of grumbling about SCI from the outfitters this year with threats to leave and never come back. Threats like that are often idle. These numbers sure make it easier to consider making that threat real though .

DSC is earlier next year, Jan 9-12, 2020 and SCI is later, Jan 15-18, 2020, still in Reno. Pretty quick turnaround for all the exhibitors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg