AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2019

Damn, believe we might have had a party! Either that or l got mugged cause I’m pretty sure I had more money yesterday Thanks to all who helped make it another good time. Always great to renew faces to names Plus every year more folks to meet. Truly a fun gathering, just to short. Cheers jacques

WHAT A PARTY! It was fun times although I'm a little slow today! Thanks to everyone who came, it was truly our best event ever... I will post more when I get back home.

Damn, believe we might have had a party! Either that or l got mugged cause I’m pretty sure I had more money yesterday Thanks to all who helped make it another good time. Always great to renew faces to names Plus every year more folks to meet. Truly a fun gathering, just to short. Cheers jacques

Must have been same one that mugged me as well.........:D was excellent night as has been said :D Beers:

Had a great time last night. Fun to see old friends and make new ones.

Thanks again to Phil and Jerome for putting the dinner together.

Thanks to the individuals that contributed the door prizes.

A couple of personal, general observations:

The upper room at Gilley's is a superior location to the ground floor room we have been in the last couple of years.

Food selection and quantity seemed better than last year.

DSC ending at 5:30 and Gilley's opening up for us at 6:30 has caused people to wait outside in the past. This year seemed much better since Gilley's allowed members to come directly in as they arrived from DSC.

Access to the balcony seemed to work out well for the cigar crew.

We have become large enough the last couple of years, it is impossible to get around to seeing everyone you want to talk to.

Just curious, did anyone get an actual head count?

Just guessing..........

AH/DSC score of 204

SCI score of 398

:E Happy:

That’s funny.

I think the SCI press release said 15,000 at Reno. Most exhibitors I talked to thought the number was between 8-10k.

Had a great time seeing so many of you that I only get to see once a year. And good luck to all with your upcoming hunting season!
Had a great visit David, I really appreciate your info on all the historic gun shops in London. I hope to get to visit them on our way to RSA this May.
And thanks for putting YO Steakhouse on our radar. @BJONES, @cpr0312 , and myself had a really good meal there Saturday night and got a chance to tell some more stories. Wish you could have joined us.
Mickey

Had a great visit David, I really appreciate your info on all the historic gun shops in London. I hope to get to visit them on our way to RSA this May.
And thanks for putting YO Steakhouse on our radar. @BJONES, @cpr0312 , and myself had a really good meal there Saturday night and got a chance to tell some more stories. Wish you could have joined us.
Mickey
Yes, yesterday afternoon around 5 pm, it turned into a little chaos for me trying to make reservations that late for 6, or maybe five people, was never sure. Next year will make reservations 24 hours early, and if someone can't make their mind up, they will be on their own.....but I will be there!

If you ever go to Gordy's in Houston, there is a small cafe directly across the street that specializes in wild game meat. Not a big restaurant like the Yo, but very good for lunch. @Bulllthrower338 may recall the name, I do not. Looking forward to your dual London gun shop and hunting report in May!

Awesome time as always, gentlemen. Thank you to Jerome and Phil for putting together another top event.
Thank you to those who took the time to come and introduce themselves. I appreciate your time.

Till next year, same time, same place.

Awesome time as always, gentlemen. Thank you to Jerome and Phil for putting together another top event.
Thank you to those who took the time to come and introduce themselves. I appreciate your time.

Till next year, same time, same place.

I was going to come introduce myself...but instead you came up and snagged a copy of John's book...so I guess that counts!

I was going to come introduce myself...but instead you came up and snagged a copy of John's book...so I guess that counts!

Thanks for organizing to get him to the dinner, Tim.
Just hope that I can one day be half worthy to be able to tell the magnitude of stories that he has. What an absolute legend, and to have shaken that man's hand, I will never forget.

It's a little dark, but here's a panorama of the dinner.

IMG_1561.jpg

Had a great time last night. Fun to see old friends and make new ones.

Thanks again to Phil and Jerome for putting the dinner together.

Thanks to the individuals that contributed the door prizes.

A couple of personal, general observations:

The upper room at Gilley's is a superior location to the ground floor room we have been in the last couple of years.

Food selection and quantity seemed better than last year.

DSC ending at 5:30 and Gilley's opening up for us at 6:30 has caused people to wait outside in the past. This year seemed much better since Gilley's allowed members to come directly in as they arrived from DSC.

Access to the balcony seemed to work out well for the cigar crew.

We have become large enough the last couple of years, it is impossible to get around to seeing everyone you want to talk to.

Just curious, did anyone get an actual head count?
Plus one... Very well stated Bob(y)

Once again a great time with friends old and new. A big thanks to Jerome and Phil, hats off to you gentlemen! Can't wait for next year.

Great event, wish we could have stayed longer. Really enjoyed the upper floor room and the food was outstanding. Looking forward to the next one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross