AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2018

Unfortunately I only took one picture during the whole time but.... at least it’s a preview of what I have in store for everyone when they come to the the ranch!

View attachment 214130

Our club has went to Promatic machines we have 45 of them and they are a lot less work to keep going.

Oh my, that looks like a great time! One of these years...

Unfortunately I only took one picture during the whole time but.... at least it’s a preview of what I have in store for everyone when they come to the the ranch!

View attachment 214130
How many drinks can you mix at one time with that?

Our club has went to Promatic machines we have 45 of them and they are a lot less work to keep going.
I was pretty impressed with it. If it works well we’ll get a couple more.

Mark your calendars to attend the 2019 DSC Convention to be held January 17 to 20, 2019 in Dallas, Texas.

Beat you to it Jerome! Already done for Dallas, not so much for SCI!

So the party is when?!?!?! :ROFLMAO:

On Friday... :P Cowboy:

Here are some other dates:
Jan 9-12, 2020
Jan 7-10, 2021
Jan 6-9, 2022
Jan 5-8, 2023
Jan 11-14, 2024
Jan 9-12, 2025

Yeah guys- PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY- but the food is a little subpar at least for Texas BBQ. I'm not complaining, I get it. If I want to help out you'd be glad to hear other options, and I do want to help out. I'm in Houston but surely someone in the Dallas area can recommend something that more closely resembles real Texas BBQ. I have spent the last two dinners explaining to those sitting at my table from exotic places like Idaho and Alabama :LOL: that they shouldn't judge Texas BBQ on this meal. I'm not sure if Gilley's has us pinched into their own caterer with no other options. I was at a conference in Dallas a few years back and there was another venue similar to Gilley's that was even closer to the convention hall, but the inside wasn't the same feel as Gilley's. I do like the warehouse, backroom feel of Gilley's. Anything I can do, I surely will pitch in.

Yeah guys- PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY- but the food is a little subpar at least for Texas BBQ. I'm not complaining, I get it. If I want to help out you'd be glad to hear other options, and I do want to help out. I'm in Houston but surely someone in the Dallas area can recommend something that more closely resembles real Texas BBQ. I have spent the last two dinners explaining to those sitting at my table from exotic places like Idaho and Alabama :LOL: that they shouldn't judge Texas BBQ on this meal. I'm not sure if Gilley's has us pinched into their own caterer with no other options. I was at a conference in Dallas a few years back and there was another venue similar to Gilley's that was even closer to the convention hall, but the inside wasn't the same feel as Gilley's. I do like the warehouse, backroom feel of Gilley's. Anything I can do, I surely will pitch in.

Not from Dallas, but not far from there you have a Texas Monthly top 50 BBQ place - Pecan Lodge. I suspect however, that you have to use their catering.

Yeah they might be pricier than we could afford without tickets going up but there has to be something better in quality but not much more in price range.

I agree on the food. I'd be willing to pony up a little more money for some brisket, beef ribs, and Texas sausage!

Brother I'm with you I like that it's convenient and I like the feel but the BBQ is a disgrace to call Texas BBQ. In their defense I am a BBQ snob. Regardless I will be there no matter where it is.

I and I'm certain Jerome are open to suggestions. The challenge is finding a place with reasonable cost (yes it can get a lot pricier) that can hold the number of people we've now got coming and within reasonable proximity of the convention center.

There are other places that we've looked into, but the cost goes up significantly. The food likely better, but with this year's dinner at $42 per person, how much further do we go?

But if you have a specific place you can name for us, I'd be happy to check into it.

I'd bet between @BWH, @Royal27 , myself, and the other Ft. Worth/Dallas natives we can come up with something agreeable.

We got a sayin in Texas. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Gilleys is gonna be really hard to "fix."

Could the food be better? Sure. But, I personally don't go to the AH dinner for a five star feast. I go to see old friends and make new ones. And I figure that since we went from 110 to 175 people I must not be the only one who feels that way.

Gilleys is a great combination of convenient, quiet except for us, perfect atmosphere, and decent if not great food at a reasonable price, and will sit well over 250 people. Find all that at a venue within 5 min of the convention center at $40 per head and I'm open, but don't think you will.

So @AfricaHunting.com my vote is to book Gilleys right now before another forum comes in and books it. I heard rumor that the other referenced forum had three people at their dinner last year, so they are looking for a bigger place, or maybe even a six top. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg