AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2018

Had a good time, good food. It was cool to meet Jerome and his wife along with a few I had not met before. Also seeing again some we had met earlier. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

WOW what a great event! 156 guests reserved (last we had 101 reservations with 110 attending), but I think that we ended up with at least 175 with all of the party crashers but it sure made for an incredible turn out and a great party! By the way next year we will have someone at the door to make sure that we stay within the reservations, so please if you plan to come make sure to reserve before hand.

@PHOENIX PHIL started this tradition and it has grown beyond what he or I could have imagined. We would not be where we are today without his efforts to put together a DSC event six years ago. Phil thank you so much for all that you have done for our community and this fun event.

This year I had the opportunity to talk to several of the good members from AH. Thank you for all of the input, it is always valuable for me to hear. I thank you all for your ideas and encouragement and continued support, the site wouldn't be what it is without all of the incredibly good hearted people who make up our membership.

I think everyone including my wife and I really enjoyed the party. Each year it keeps getting better and better as there are more familiar faces each time. I also noticed that there was a lot of our members who were there connecting with sponsoring outfitters who they have hunted with over the years...it's becoming a bit of a reunion which is nice to see also.

Thanks again to Gilley's they were super accommodating and let us linger for an extra hour plus.

I look forward to seeing all of you again next year!

Also a big THANK YOU to our event sponsors who made it possible to grow the event as we did this year.
@Travel Express
@African Sporting Creations
@Global Rescue
@Takeri Reserve Zambia
@KMG Hunting Safaris
@Game 4 Africa Safaris
@Mbalabala Safaris
@gizmo (Rockin G Ranch)
@Hartzview Hunting Safaris
@Liam Urry Safaris
@3S Safaris
@Pawprint Safaris

Gilley's Welcome AfricaHunting.com
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_0134.JPG

@Royal27 and his son Jake helped with the last minute set up, thx! Royal's got impressive stamina... he was the first to arrive and the last to leave!!!
IMG_0141.JPG

By the end of the night all 160 AH caps were gone...
IMG_0144.JPG

The brazos room before the craziness
IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG

As eager members were already waiting outside at 6:00pm so Gilley's allowed us to open the doors almost 30 minutes early.
IMG_0148.JPG

Members writing their username and name on name tags so that everyone could be recognized. Thanks @Royal27 for the name tags.
IMG_0149.JPG

Cocktail hour, actually the bartenders were busy all night...
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG

As the evening went on...
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG

@PHOENIX PHIL and I gave a little welcome speech... Hope it was not too long, we tried to keep it short and sweet.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG

Dinner is served!
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG
IMG_0180.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG

The last of the partiers... Of course Marius is there!
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME!! WHAT A GREAT NIGHT! SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR! :E Dancing:

It was a great dinner and enjoyed meeting everyone. It was also nice to win the door prize.
Thank you to @K-man who generously donated an AH knife made by @Von Gruff (AfricaHunting.com Hunting Knives) for a door prize. The lucky winner was @lwaters, congratulations! The random draw generator came up with number #62 which was his reservation. The knife was truly beautiful and well made.

IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
IMG_1894.JPG
IMG_1888.PNG

DSC entrance to the show...
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1869.JPG
IMG_1871.JPG

PLEASE post your pictures in this thread if you took any at the show or the AH Get Together, thx!

Jerome,

Looks like you were busy during the dinner!! Thanks for taking and sharing so many pics!

Jerome,

Looks like you were busy during the dinner!! Thanks for taking and sharing so many pics!
I tried! It's easy to forget, last year I barely took any at the Vegas AH Get Together and I felt guilty. Scotch and responsibility don't mix!!!

PLEASE post your pictures in this thread if you took any at the show or the AH Get Together, thx!

Some cool taxidermy work this year. The rock shaped like Africa in the giraffe mount was really cool!

thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg

B2C28704-C3B6-4C57-8D77-ABFB899ED36A.jpeg

Thought the ram carved stone idea was cool!
0569564F-C4C2-4509-8EA0-CFE4B2FB47DD.jpeg

I’ve felt like the raccoon behind the skunk float hunting Alaska before. Great show

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great event! Sorry I missed it. I had reservations at the Omni this year, but had to cancel as a wedding got in the way. Look forward to seeing everyone next year! Hopefully I'll remember enough about my2017 Zim buff and leopard hunt to BS, I mean regale, everyone with my tales!

@reedy0312 the 2 double pedestal mounts of the LD Eland were amazing. There was a lot of great taxidermy there but those 2 mounts blew me away.

Looks like another great dinner event. Glad it went well again and hope to get back to one of them.

Looks like another great dinner event. Glad it went well again and hope to get back to one of them.

You need to pal! We need someone there that can really stir the pot.

Not even Royal can stir it quite like you (although he is a close second!!).

Tim

Looks like it was a hell of a time, sorry I missed it. I'm finally starting to feel alive again today.

I was looking forward to a drink with you, catch you next trip to midland!
Absolutely bud, holler at me the next time your come through!

You need to pal! We need someone there that can really stir the pot.

Not even Royal can stir it quite like you (although he is a close second!!).

Tim

I am not sure what you mean. I am a sweetheart of a guy. LOL

Thank you to @K-man who generously donated an AH knife made by @Von Gruff (AfricaHunting.com Hunting Knives) for a door prize. The lucky winner was @lwaters, congratulations! The random draw generator came up with number #62 which was his reservation. The knife was truly beautiful and well made.
I enjoyed being there as well!! The knife was hard to part with, @vongruff gave a substantial discount when I said I would be giving it as a door prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, it looks like it was a great night; I now have TWO dreams to achieve:
1. Get back to hunt in Africa, and
2. Attend the next AH get-together in Dallas in 2019.
Wishing all a successful hunting year,
Geoff

I believe that next years DSC is January 17, 18, 19 & 20. Looks like Friday January 19, 2019 you might be busy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.