AH Get Together in Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2017

We got asked to leave, and had not even done anything......yet.:cry:
Man! A fellow travels halfway around the globe for some southern hospitality and you'd think he could at least get a beer

Image1483920314.542988.jpg

Door Prize has made it home

Ok, we had just gotten home from DSC and seeing the AH group. Bags had been unloaded from the truck. I was getting that down feeling I always got after coming home from Granny's house after Christmas. You know where you've been hanging out with your cousins, aunts and uncles having a great time and now you got to go back to school. Then I came here and the Family is back together.

Btw Phil did a great job organizing the get together and the venue was great!

I wondered who won it. I was so busy jabbering that I completely forgot about the ticket and hoped I didn't win and not know it.
Jabbering? That was damn meaningful conversation Erik!!!!lol

it was a great forum get together! I got to attach some faces to forum names and meet some old friends from previous meets and hunts over seas.

thank you for putting this on!

-matt

Thanks very much for organizing the get together. It was great to put faces to names and get a chance to talk to everyone! As mentioned by KMG above, we need to organize an after party venue for next year, it was far to early for this great event to end :D Beers:

@Wheels , thanks for the lift. I had no idea Texas got that cold!

Phew........I'm tired. Up at 3:30 this morning to eventually make a 6am flight home. At work now where I've not been since December 21st. And finally through all my email.

Thanks again to all who attended. I would never have thought we'd crest the 100 in attendance mark. Without you there is obviously no party to attend.

Based on the positive feedback received and mine and Jerome's interactions with the folks at Gilley's, I do believe we have found a permanent home for this annual event. The room gave us all plenty of space to get around and there's still plenty of room if our attendance continues to grow. And the folks at Gilley's were great to work with.

In response to the banter about when the last of us left Gilleys, please understand that room rental was part of the overall cost of the event. In other words it's rented by the hour. Our contract had the event starting at 6:30pm and ending at 10:30pm, so four hours of time. I know some folks were there at around 6pm and the last of us didn't leave until about 11pm. I think Gilley's was more than accomodating to us when you consider what was stated in the contract, far moreso than if you had such anywhere in Las Vegas I can tell you.

Having said that, it is I believe quite easy to extend that time next year to allow for a longer event. I will be starting a thread hopefully this evening for feedback from this years event, please chime in there with your thoughts and/or ideas.

Thanks again everyone, time for me to wake up and get back to work!

Great job Phil and Jerome! Now go back to work so you can get back to hunting and write another report!!!

Phil,

Appreciate all the work you did to pull this off.

Great job!(y)

I think just looking at the thread and that it almost seems more alive after the event than what it was before, speaks volumes of the success of this dinner.

Thank you for the efforts @PHOENIX PHIL and @AfricaHunting.com . It is much appreciated.

See everyone again next year.

IMG_1513.JPG

WOW what a great event! There was actually a 110 of us there! As many of you know this was my first year at DSC and I really can not take any credit for the success of this event, @PHOENIX PHIL volunteered to put together a DSC event five years ago after seeing that we were having one at SCI and the rest is history... Phil thank you so much for starting this event and helping it to evolve into this great party.

I really enjoyed connecting with so many members that I have not had the opportunity to meet prior to this night, as well several familiar faces. What I love about this site is the same thing that I have found again at this event... this is just such a great group of people and the spirit of the site is definitely the same in the real world. No keyboard personalities here just real good genuine people.

Gilley's was a great venue for our get together and one where we can continue to grow. I already spoke to them about continuing to host our event there next year. They actually showed me another room that they have upstairs with a bigger bar (I think they sized up our priorities pretty well) and a view of the downtown skyline. We can definitely extend the event longer as @KMG Hunting Safaris suggested it's just a matter of booking the extra time.

Also a big THANK YOU to our event sponsors who made it possible to grow the event as we did this year.
@Safari Specialty Importers
@AAA Africa Serapa Safaris
@Coenraad Vermaak Safaris
@Global Rescue
@spike.t
@Travel Express

The brazos room
IMG_1608.JPG
IMG_8780.JPG

The early birds get the hats...
IMG_4601.JPG

The happy hour and a half!
IMG_8154.JPG
IMG_7702.JPG
IMG_7318.JPG
IMG_6936.JPG
IMG_6395.JPG
IMG_6390.JPG
IMG_5260.JPG
IMG_4676.JPG
IMG_4159.JPG
IMG_4151.JPG
IMG_4151 2.JPG
IMG_3254.JPG
IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_0378.JPG

The dinner.
IMG_6221.JPG
IMG_5249 2.JPG
IMG_4644.JPG
IMG_4281.JPG
IMG_3428.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG
IMG_2212.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1157.JPG
IMG_0715.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_2027.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG
IMG_3868.JPG
IMG_3971.JPG
IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_5390.JPG
IMG_5283.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_5950.JPG
IMG_9445.JPG
IMG_8804.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG

Thank you to @375 Ruger Fan who brought a big five wood carving for a door prize. The lucky winner was @kfet87, congratulations!
IMG_0452.JPG

More...
IMG_5724.JPG
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4215.JPG
IMG_3790.JPG
IMG_3240.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME!! WHAT A GREAT NIGHT! :P Cowboy:

Last edited:
Thanks again Jerome, wow you were busy taking pics that night! Great time hope to be back next year!

The welcome sign...

IMG_1433.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg