AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2016

I thought it was a great event. I was there two years ago and met several of you, and met more last night. I couldn't around to meeting everyone, but if we keep doing these eventually I will. What a great bunch of folks we have on our site, all dedicated to furthering our mutual addiction! Let's keep these events going!

The dinner was definitely a great time. I think I got to meet most of the people, but certainly didn't get to talk to all of those of wanted to for as long as I wanted to.

Great to put a face with a name and to see others again. It is really interesting, 2014 was my first show and I knew no one and met exactly three people (I didn't go to the dinner). Now two years latter I have more good friends than I can shake a stick at and it was hard to go down a row of booths without running into someone. Even though I'm not in the market for a hunt this year it was well worth the trip.

It was a pleasure to share food and fellowship with all of y'all :A Camping:

My wife & I had a great time at the dinner. Meet many of the guys from AH. Even got to spend a minute with Steve Scott. We enjoyed very much! Til next time!

Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Its my loss that I didn't get around to meeting more of you.

Hopefully next year.

My wife and I had a great time and met a lot of our fellow "posters". Enjoyed the food and drinks and the company. Looking forward to next year already.

Great time! Enjoyed meeting everyone. I guess the asshole that broke into my friends truck in the parking lot didn't get the memo on the background check that he was supposed to do before he acquired my friends Glock 9mm! At least a clerk at a gas station found her purse in the dumpster last night.
Dinner was great though, I would only suggest that scotch be served by the pint glass!
Thanks,
Cody

One of the really great things about DSC Convention and all the fellowship with the AH gang is that my wife has really been "sucked in".

She really enjoys this stuff and she really enjoys the company of the AH folks.

I guess after 34 years with me, any contact with normal people is a plus for her!

Tim

Great time! Enjoyed meeting everyone. I guess the asshole that broke into my friends truck in the parking lot didn't get the memo on the background check that he was supposed to do before he acquired my friends Glock 9mm! At least a clerk at a gas station found her purse in the dumpster last night.
Dinner was great though, I would only suggest that scotch be served by the pint glass!
Thanks,
Cody

Man, that really sucks.

I pulled my .40 out of the car at the last minute...I was a little leary of the area.

Probably a good thing I drive a wussie VW diesel...no thug expects to find a gun in one of them!

One of the really great things about DSC Convention and all the fellowship with the AH gang is that my wife has really been "sucked in".

She really enjoys this stuff and she really enjoys the company of the AH folks.

I guess after 34 years with me, any contact with normal people is a plus for her!

Tim

True that.... 20 years ago.... No way. However, today.... My wife thoroughly enjoys the company of our friends @PHOENIX PHIL, @Hartzview Hunting Safaris & every new member she meets... If you were to see her, you would think.... Who is she & why is she her. However, she is drinking beer, laughing it up & throwing me under the bus left & right..... My point.... The most unassuming do quite well with this group. And for that, I thank y'all!!!!:D Beers:

Tim,
34 years with you have led her into believing that we are normal! We sir, are far from normal! We hoard Guns, ammo and components. We make our own path in life without looking back and trying to find someone to blame for shortfalls in our success, get back on and ride until we get our desired result. Where most "normal" people strive to make it to retirement and pass on things that they truley enjoy, we take the time to live, enjoying Africa or other wild places! When I am around a group with the caliber of people last night, I use the word exceptional and Mrs. Tarbe fits perfectly into that group.
Cheers,
Cody

Man, that really sucks.

I pulled my .40 out of the car at the last minute...I was a little leary of the area.

Probably a good thing I drive a wussie VW diesel...no thug expects to find a gun in one of them!
Funny I had the same feeling. Sure glad I brought the Titan instead of the F350 when I saw that parking lot!

The XDM Comp .40 and ZT-301s make downtown Dallas seem much more "friendly".

I must say I had an really fine time last night. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to shake hands and really meet all of you.

The Hartzview team welcomed me to their table and we had a great visit over dinner. I already had a high opinion of those guys from their time at Africahunting.com but after an hour or so of drinks and dinner I'm completely convinced they are first class guys that any of you should feel comfortable doing business with.

Next year hopefully I can get there earlier and get to know even more of you better.

Thank you all for making me feel at home.

WildRose

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great show and a fantastic gathering last night. I am truly thankful for all of my AH friends.(and that includes their wives!) If I didn't get around to meeting everyone last night I apologize. I know it is my loss. I continue to try and do better each year. Thanks for all the AH members that came by our Mashambanzou zou Safaris booth during the show. At times it looked like the AH gathering was taking place there! Good times! I'll post pictures from the dinner tomorrow!....Next up -HSC. I'll see some of y'all there this weekend!

Ditto all. Great group of people, and had the conversation not turned to politics, I would likely have had more time to have met more of our group. Great evening. All the very best to all in this new year.

Soo true and sad that politics is becoming so entwined with our love of this sport and particularly Hunting in Africa.

A few pictures from Sat. night!

DSC02564.JPG
DSC02565.JPG
DSC02566.JPG
DSC02568.JPG
DSC02570.JPG
DSC02571.JPG
DSC02572.JPG
DSC02573.JPG
DSC02574.JPG
DSC02576.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics Buff, thanks for posting them!

Great pics Buff, thanks for posting them!
Wish I would have taken more. Just hard to take pictures with a drink in one hand!.... :D Beer Bottle:

Glad everyone had a great time this year. I really missed not being there and seeing everyone again but work had to be done. Hope to be back next year if all goes right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieSchref

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,