AH Get Together Europe Jagd & Hund February 2022

Losing hope the Expo will survive … German Health Minister is openly railing against the Delta Variant + case #’s exploding! Friday a new guy arrived on the block called: Omicron Variant & grabs the European news!

To make matters worse a Dr. @ a prestigious Molecular Biotech Lab in Vienna that tests coronavirus variants states “ … first estimates, Omicron may be 500% more infectious than Delta.”

WHO called it a Variant of Concern.

Now 27 EU members voted: Yes to travel restrictions for 7 African countries. News we did not wish to read & hear! I’m not convinced science is willing or fast enough to ‘clear the air’ & reassure Politicians OK, to allow all our African Operator friends travel access into Europe … I hope I’m wrong!

We will have to wait and see. I am getting tired of hearing those words, but it is all they can do because nobody knows.

Agreed Kevin. On a “+” note from the Jagd & Hund Expo website this morning - a screen shot of the Expo, Corona Protection & Hygiene Plan & all very reasonable. Holding Thumbs the great gathering proceeds …

A849B7D4-EA05-4B2A-848B-CFAB18FFE703.jpeg

Hi guys,
Sadly I have seen that this show is being cancelled from the January/February dates and is being rescheduled for the beginning of June 2022.
I was speaking to a chap from Germany early this week and he was of the view it would be moved to a June calendar spot.
Have to say not surprised and disappointed as have been looking forward to attending.
Rgds

Indeed, I’ve heard the rumours too. I think I understood from a Belgian gun store owner that Blaser is already announcing to their dealers that they will not be present.

@Novice Huntress & @VertigoBE … I’m seeing a majority of German Christmas Markets cancelled or closed early :-( & hearing similar messaging from our Hunting Club about the Jagd & Hund Expo … indeed disappointing!

It’s Officially - media release & explanation, Jagd & Hund Expo has been postponed w/ new dates 7 - 12 June 2022. Sadly, it is no surprise w/ varying EU Travel Restrictions on 7/African Countries & NO mention of these restrictions just the phrasing “ … offers everyone involved more planning certainty …” I’m sure June was the next availability as the Hunting Expo consumes many of the Westfalens large halls. Until warmer June!

2F6E12E5-1DE1-4536-B3A5-B3754B3882CC.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.13.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 8.13.10 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
Probably the best decision but a bummer.
If all goes well I am returning on the new dates from my hunting trip to South Africa. So no Jagd und Hund for me in 2022

On the one hand, I'm happy they still organize something in 2022. On the other hand, June is high season for the outfitters, so I'm not sure if enough of them will be able to make it then.

@VertigoBE … agreed, the Expo size & # of vendors makes it an enjoyable plan/trip. Oh Right … June is High Season for African Outfitters. :unsure:

The 2023 date is set for 24 to 29th of January. Will probably be there this year. Breathing some life in this thread. Hopefully more members will be there.

The 2023 date is set for 24 to 29th of January. Will probably be there this year. Breathing some life in this thread. Hopefully more members will be there.
@ DieJager … thx for the 2023 dates post & I agree, earlier in the calendar year poses a better fit & for the Outfitters for sure.

I originally wished to visit the June Expo but work got in the way, plus, the vendors I look forward to visiting were not represented & I suspect busy w/ clients.

Happy Trails

I'll definitely be there, thanks for updating the dates @DieJager !

I will be in Dortmund between the 22nd and 30th of January 2023. Would be great to meet up with a few members. I will be sharing a stand with K&K premium Jagd as my German representatives.

Warm Regards

Lex Strauss

Hello,

@VertigoBE,
@DieJager,

What date(s) were you concerning for the Jagd & Hund Expo? I’m equally looking @ dates & would be enjoyable if our dates overlapped.

Ciao for Now

Hello,

@VertigoBE,
@DieJager,

What date(s) were you concerning for the Jagd & Hund Expo? I’m equally looking @ dates & would be enjoyable if our dates overlapped.

Ciao for Now

I’ll be there the Friday and Saturday.

Saturday, I tagged you in the current thread.

@VertigoBE
@DieJager

Thx for the update … I equally plan to attend The Expo Friday/Saturday. We can chat up some get together details as the dates near …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg