Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Is there anyone planning to attend Jagd&Hund in Dortmund Germany in February 2022? It's from Tuesday the 1st till Sunday the 6th of February 2022.

The 2021 session having been cancelled due to covid, the 2022 session should be bringing a lot of people back.

Any of the outfitters, fellow hunters who will be present? Would be nice to do something similar in the old country like the AH get together for the Dallas Safari Club.

I'll definitely be present if it goes through, not yet sure of the exact day/date though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.21.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.21.51 AM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.21.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.21.53 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.21.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.21.55 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 140
If I’m in Europe in Feb I will most likely visit, it’d be nice to catch up.

I will try to get on this one, Salzburg, Austria, 24-27 Feb, 2022.
Will depend on my leave days.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.20.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.20.38 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.20.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 8.20.44 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
Is there anyone planning to attend Jagd&Hund in Dortmund Germany in February 2022? It's from Tuesday the 1st till Sunday the 6th of February 2022.

The 2021 session having been cancelled due to covid, the 2022 session should be bringing a lot of people back.

Any of the outfitters, fellow hunters who will be present? Would be nice to do something similar in the old country like the AH get together for the Dallas Safari Club.

I'll definitely be present if it goes through, not yet sure of the exact day/date though.
Its a pity this idea was not around a few years ago. Was an exhibitor at the show for a few years. Would have been great to meet up.

If I’m in Europe in Feb I will most likely visit, it’d be nice to catch up.
Let's see when we get closer to the date, we can try to set up a drink one evening, then go visit the Messe the day after

i used to exhibit there a few years back, did the show in austria too for a few years

would love to make a turn there and visit some old friends

Little bump to see if anyone else is planning on attending the Jagd&Hund fair in Dortmund in February 2022 (covid rules pending of course)

As long as the travel rules allow for it, I'll be there and can adjust for the day to come. It is open from 1st till 6th of February 2022.

Would be great to meet some of the AH members there ! Perhaps even have a beer or two.

HI - definitely my plan to attend the Expo 3rd/4th IF German Gov or yet to be properly formed new Gov keeps cool heads & avoids :A Argue: or a tailspin over the ^ COVID #’s. Delta variant, 4th wave, lagging vaccine % & interest all the chatter since late October …

The est. threshold w/o Gov action was +100 per 100,000, 2-weeks back it hit +200 & last week +300 per 100,000! Maybe an earlier indicator or bad sign of changes to come … IF cities start to ‘cancel’ XMas Markets? I’m told, Munich just did …

Large gathering like the Jagd & Hund Expo would then become ‘low hanging fruit’ for cancelation. We shall see …

Maybe, not yet decided. But if I go it will be fun to meet

Hi Kevin:

Messe is loosely translated to Trade Fair. I’ve attended 2017 - 2019, yes to allot of major manufactures & word on the street: Dortmund Expo is the largest event hosted in Europe.

Hi,
We intend to go as we missed last year's show. Obviously it all depends on the level of Covid rates and what travel requirements will be brought in.
The show is really good much bigger than anything in the UK, plenty of outfitter stands and a decent amount of Firearms stands, plus rakes of clothing etc etc.
It has to be said there is still a degree of respect to hunting in Europe unlike the negativity in the UK. Great show would recommend!

@Kevin Peacocke : I've been there every year for the past 7 years. (except last year of course...) It is indeed as far as I know, the biggest hunting fair in Europe. There is another trade faire IWA, which might be bigger, but it is only for professionals and is more focused on defence/police/security as well as hunting. I have never attended that one though.

There are multiple halls of the trade faire, with some of the halls big enough, to have an indoor 4x4 demonstration circuit from Landrover. Although it is mentioned Jagd & Hund (Hunt & Dog) there is also a hall with "Fisch & Angel" (Fish & Hook) as well as a food festival hall with game meat based foods.

There are dog shows, a bird show (eagles, falcons, etc.) At least one full hall dedicated to the different firearms manufacturers. Traditionally the Blaser booth is the biggest (8m x 20m?) where you can find every single different version of Blaser in existence. There are also many stands selling clothing, (Frankonia), gear, etc. Anything from a concrete fox trap, to a three-piece tweed suit. But the best is the number of optics manufacturers there and the possibility to try them all out.

An entire hall dedicated to the outfitters too, with some amazing taxidermy:

IMG_0139.JPG

Btw, just found a picture back from a few years, of a very special Blaser R8. I'll make a separate thread to share it.... stay tuned

Last edited:
I attended IWA in Nuremberg several times, this is more firearms oriented.

Thanks all for the feedback. Would it be a disadvantage being English speaking, my German is extremely limited?

I never met a German or Austrian - not speaking english!
In the level from fair to excellent!

VertigoBE,

I wonder if we have the same photo of the special R8? Was very impressed with the Blaser stand in 2019 shared with Mauser and Rigby. Will say spent some time with Blaser safari team Namibia on the stand very polite, friendly no hard sell tactics.

DSC_0008 1.JPG

This was just one of many interesting items of furniture!!

As an aside getting to the exhibition hall via public transport / tram is very easy, they have this well organised.

VertigoBE,

I wonder if we have the same photo of the special R8? Was very impressed with the Blaser stand in 2019 shared with Mauser and Rigby. Will say spent some time with Blaser safari team Namibia on the stand very polite, friendly no hard sell tactics.

View attachment 437100

This was just one of many interesting items of furniture!!

As an aside getting to the exhibition hall via public transport / tram is very easy, they have this well organised.

Maybe we do, I posted a thread with the picture, it was actually an R93.

Here is the thread: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/the-craziest-blaser-youll-see-today.66030/

And yes, Blaser needs no hard sell tactics anymore, they are by far the most wanted rifles on the market!

@Kevin Peacocke : I fully agree with @mark-hunter English will be fully sufficient. I speak only a little German anyway and could easily do everything in English there.

There are visitors from all over Europe and further, so English is a prerequisite

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!