AH Get Together at SCI Wisconsin Banquet Feb 11th-12th?

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
We have other travel plans for that weekend this year but it's going on the calendar for next time. Thanks for the reminder though, great idea to round up the herd.

I may, but we were 'blessed' with a new addition in December that now has colic....lots of long sleepless days and nights

I may, but we were 'blessed' with a new addition in December that now has colic....lots of long sleepless days and nights

Everyone told us to grin and bare it, it gets better, etc. What we learned after two years of hell on earth is that the colic kid had a milk indigestion issue that was easily treatable. We got to learn that as he grew out of it.

Congrats on the new addition. For your own sanity, sort out the colic. If you decide you need a break for a few hours, the bourbons are on me.

Everyone told us to grin and bare it, it gets better, etc. What we learned after two years of hell on earth is that the colic kid had a milk indigestion issue that was easily treatable. We got to learn that as he grew out of it.

Congrats on the new addition. For your own sanity, sort out the colic. If you decide you need a break for a few hours, the bourbons are on me.
I appreciate that. Might be a leave the bottle at the table kind of night.

We've gone thru a few of the remedies, hypoallergenic formula, various swaddles, swings, pads, holds, even prescribed antacids, you name it. The system that has been working is mixture of formula with mother milk, tight swaddle, white noise, and some intense swing speeds.

I had a friend whom had a colicky child for 6 months joke with me and say "if someone says they think their kid had colic, they didnt....you know when your kid does". I wouldn't wish this on my enemy, but I do get an internal smile knowing what constant noise and sleep deprivation does to detainees getting interrogated by our military when they use that technique...

Last edited:
Had a nice time at the show. Lots of money was earned for conservation through record setting auction donations.

My 11 year old had a great time. He won the high bid on a youth black bear bow hunt last summer. He was asked to show up to pick up his taxidermy at the event. It turns out he won the SCI award for black bear entered into the scoring competition at the event too so they brought him up on stage for a plaque. (Not a huge bear, SCI archery bronze)

The only disappointment of the entire two days was the realization that of the ~1000 persons at the banquets both nights, I think my son was the only youth present.

If children are hunting’s future, we don’t have a future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you