AH Get Together Anchorage Alaska 2015

ill be there in spirit as well, just put a glass of whiskey next to your 500 Jeffery. ;)

-matt

Matt,

I will place a glass of proper Scotch on the bookshelf, next to the .500 for you.
No guarantees it will make it through the evening unscathed but at least it will begin the party in good form.

Cheers,
Paul.

Wish I could make it but I'll be working remote until December. Lord knows I could use some pizza and a stiff drink.

Mr VD and other participants have a good one or two,or.........:D Beer Bottle::D Beer Draft::D Beers::D Booze::D Cheers::D Cool Drink::D Barman::E Big Grin:

Thanks Mr. T.,

If anyone shows up with a bottle of Grey Goose Orange, I will presume that they are a spy from your camp.
But as it turns out, spies are welcome.

Cheers mate,
Venereal Dog.

Wish I could make it but I'll be working remote until December. Lord knows I could use some pizza and a stiff drink.

Sorry to hear that.
But in these uncertain times, any job is a good job and all of us who have them are thankful.
Unless we manage to burn my place down, it is likely that myself or one of the other members will hold another one of these AH Get Togethers in Alaska, at some point in the future.
So, perhaps you can make it to the next one ?
Likewise, next time you're in Anchorage and have a little time to kill, let me know.
No official party need be declared for us to get together and talk about hunting and such.
Stay safe on the job site.

Last edited:
Velo Dog,
Thank you again for hosting. I look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.
Cheers,
Mike

OK you crazy kids,

Now is the time to say you don't like onions or, you've gone Vegan or, you're allergic to pepperoni or whatever, because the pizza place wants requests to be in the day before on large orders.

Therefore, tomorrow afternoon I order the pizzas for Saturday's Get Together.

If there are no complaints tendered by then, I plan to order typical run of the mill toppings on all pizzas.

Looking forward to seeing again those I already know and likewise looking forward to meeting everyone else.

Anyone in Alaska just now tuning in ... there is an AH Get Together at my place (Anchorage), on Saturday, Oct-24 about 4:00 PM / 1600 hours (day after tomorrow on other words).

Women folk are welcome but, children are not (something about my wife not wanting to find chewing gum ground into her zebra rug, pizza sauce on the ceiling and so-forth).

I'm supplying the pizzas, just bring whatever you want to drink (there is already some Coca Cola and more substantial beverages in place from parties past so, if you get to running late and don't feel you have time to stop at the store, not to worry).

We're gonna have a big time no doubt.

PM me for directions.

See you soon,
Paul (Velo Dog).

Last edited:
Hope you guys have a great time today.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

times two , on what mr wheeler said .........

What, not pics of the great party yet ?

lads are still at it ,nyati..........
or the photos are compromising......

Paul,

Thank you again for hosting! It was great to meet you and some of the AH crew and their wives. I look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Mike

Thank You Paul,

Yes, it was awesome to have met you and everyone from the forum. There was a lot of good discussions as well as entertaining stories fueled by quality libations.

Thanks again,
Scott

Great night. Thanks guys. Maybe Velo can do the report? Since he the has pics and all:)

Good Morning,

Thank you one and all for gathering at my place.
Kelley and myself were honored by all of you coming over and we truly enjoyed meeting each one.
Former President Mr. Theodore Roosevelt (our terrier) enjoyed all the ear scratching and such that he received.
I think about 15 people showed up and about 8 or 10 more did not show up that had otherwise said they wanted to be here, such as my next door neighbor for one.
But he and his wife had some other obligation they evidently could not wiggle out of.
Others who didn't show are mostly characters I know from around town here that, have been to Africa or at least have been wanting to go.
Another fellow who could not make it had to beg off at the last minute due to an illness in the family/hospital visits and such, very understandable.
As for the rest, I have not yet heard their lame excuses - lol.

Anyway, everyone who stopped by seemed to have a decent time and we did as well.
Afterward, Kelley drove me and the extra pizzas downtown to the local bum shelter, where I handed them off to a couple of sad looking lay-abouts.
We returned home with no incidents.

As for details of the party itself, there isn't much to report.
I guess women folk spent most of the evening upstairs in the living room, with occasional visits to the infamous basement.
And the men folk were mostly the opposite.
The conversations seemed to stay lively all evening and we did not have to do a Heimlich Maneuver on anyone, including the dog so, I suppose this Get Together was more or less a success.
Personally, I really enjoyed getting to know a little bit about the people behind the screen names.

As for a full report, other than the above info, there really isn't much to tell.

I will grope my way through trying to post some photos sometime today.

Thank You all again for attending,
Paul, Kelley & Teddy Roosevelt.
(Velo Dog, mi Esposa, el pero).

Last edited:
With my apology, I've been battling with the tedium of trying to post photos and thus far, I have not enjoyed success.
Tomorrow is a new day and I will resume the struggle once more.
If all else fails, I may have to email them to someone who knows how to navigate the Sargasso Sea of computer mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good time...(y)

If I ever show up on these events I will bring copious quantities of Norwegian Aquavit....a proper liquor to thaw frozen Alaskan souls I presume..

At least the stuff works in our artic regions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!