Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 6 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
Hello AH members in Alaska,

Someone suggested a 2015, Alaska get together / meet & greet, whatever you call it.
I am volunteering my place in Anchorage for this.
A good day for me personally would be Saturday, October 24th.
However, some members work remote jobs for extended periods and others might have other obligations.
Therefore, I am definitely open to hosting this on some other date.

(No children, please).

Cheerio,
Velo Dog.

Sounds good to me Velo.(y) Putting it on my calendar right now.:E Dancing:Anything I can bring?:D Cheers:

Sounds good to me Velo.(y) Putting it on my calendar right now.:E Dancing:Anything I can bring?:D Cheers:

Well, maybe you were the one who suggested this idea to begin with ?
(Great idea whomever it was).
And I think you mentioned pizza for this gathering, awhile back.
(Another great idea).

So, if nobody objects, I'm thinking I will supply the pizzas and then everyone can bring whatever they want to drink ?

UPDATE:

Still on for Saturday October 24.

Time - 4: 00 PM, my house (pm me your cell phone or email for directions).

Still set for Saturday October 24.

I'm still providing pizzas.

Bring whatever you want to drink.

Bring your wife if she doesn't mind being really bored but, please don't bring your kids (sorry but I'm an old Scrooge and my wife is not very fond of children either).

Hope to see all of you Sower Doughs and Cheechakis alike.

We'll have a big time.

("Sour Doughs and Cheechakos", actually)

I will bring my wife. I would like to say so she can drive home, but realistically that won't work (Scottish by birth, alcoholic by marriage) but I will bring her anyway...:D Beer Draft:Looking forward to talking hunting:W Gun:. Hope lots of us can make it!!:A Way To Go:

I can attest that the Velo Dog Safari Bar:D Beers: Is the place for Africa Hunters to meet:D Beer Bottle::D Cheers:

I am sorry to say that I don't think @spike.t will make a guest appearance, but we will can always hope maybe someday:A Yell:

I'll try to attend also VD. I'll drop a note to Cal and another gent I know that my be interested but he's not yet on AH.

I will bring my wife. I would like to say so she can drive home, but realistically that won't work (Scottish by birth, alcoholic by marriage) but I will bring her anyway...:D Beer Draft:Looking forward to talking hunting:W Gun:. Hope lots of us can make it!!:A Way To Go:

I can attest that the Velo Dog Safari Bar:D Beers: Is the place for Africa Hunters to meet:D Beer Bottle::D Cheers:

I am sorry to say that I don't think @spike.t will make a guest appearance, but we will can always hope maybe someday:A Yell:

Might be needless to say but Lydia is definitely always welcome.
Generally speaking, wives are always welcome at my rifle enthusiasts parties.
It's only the ones who seem unable to avoid weeping and moaning about guns and hunting (in between tasty bites of whatever meat is on their plate) that can drag a party down.

Since you have to drive 120 Miles, perhaps you wouldn't mind just taking our guest room and going home after a good night's sleep.
That is your call but, you're welcome to it if you want it.

Last edited:
I'll try to attend also VD. I'll drop a note to Cal and another gent I know that my be interested but he's not yet on AH.

Sounds good Mike.
I really hope you can make it.
Cal has already RSVP'd so no worries there.

Good to see you guys getting together. Nothing like talking hunting over pizza and a drink or two!

Thanks Charley,

And, if you ever find yourself in Anchorage, please look me or any of us up.
I only live a few minutes from the airport so you won't have to waste time during any layover there.
Instead you could listen to my stupid stories - LOL.

Cheers,
Paul.

im all for joining you guys assuming I haven't already worn out my welcome up there.

-matt

im all for joining you guys assuming I haven't already worn out my welcome up there.

-matt

Of course you are welcome.
However, my guest room is already taken and I'm going to be running in all directions Fri night (a separate prior obligation) and Sat (making ready for the gathering).
Perhaps one of the others can fix you up.
Otherwise normally it would not be a problem.

i would need a place to sleep and transportation to and from the airport. sleeping on a couch works as long as im fed the proper amount of whiskey before hand. but id still need a volunteer to pick me up and drop me off. any one able to pick me up in anchorage around 8am?

i can fly there in the early morning Saturday for cheap then fly out in the afternoon Sunday for a reasonable price. (round trip is only $200)

-matt

I'll be back from ND by then and plan on attending as well... I can probably round up a bottle or two of quality spirits... :D Cheers:

Scott

i would need a place to sleep and transportation to and from the airport. sleeping on a couch works as long as im fed the proper amount of whiskey before hand. but id still need a volunteer to pick me up and drop me off. any one able to pick me up in anchorage around 8am?

i can fly there in the early morning Saturday for cheap then fly out in the afternoon Sunday for a reasonable price. (round trip is only $200)

-matt

Matt,

The people who had been set for my guest room have decided to get a hotel room instead.
However, I haven't heard back from the person who had 2nd choice for my guest room yet.
So, I will keep you posted.

Out of respect for my wife, when there are people already in our guest room, I don't think I had better have any additional ones, on this couch or that cot, throughout our house, for the entire weekend.

She's a real Trooper for putting up with my re-occurring BB-Q's and assorted grumpy old men popping in for a rifle chat or whatever all year around.
And so, I need to show her a little give and take, not just take all the time (she thought this get together was only going to be a one day thing).

Meanwhile, I will ask around to see if I can find someone to fetch you from the airport and also a place for you to stay with any luck.
No guarantees but, I will try.

Cheers,
Paul.

So, you guys are all going to have a great time, on my birthday !!!!!

Unfortunately I am too far away to make it :D Cheers:

thanks Velo, its not the end of the world if i cant make this one. been up there twice this year already and will likely be up there again in the future.

one of these years i just need to move up to AK! i get the feeling id like living there a whole lot more then WA. at the moment the only thing really holding me back is my job.

-matt

I'll be back from ND by then and plan on attending as well... I can probably round up a bottle or two of quality spirits... :D Cheers:

Scott

Perfecto, AKSloper71.
Everyone, including myself will look forward to meeting you.
Quality spirits always trump evil spirits.
PM me with a phone number or email address so that I can contact you with directions to my house.

I've been to Alaska for fishing, love it. Would love to make it up there again and a ah meeting might be the reason to get me back!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.