Aging eyes and iron sights

I had Lasic done 1 year ago, my distance vision is outstanding but I need cheaters for close up. I can use open sights with no problem.Pistol shooting is still a problem, with cheaters I can see the sights but the target is slightly blurred and the opposite without.
What I really like is how much better the colors are since surgery

My wife had lasic surgery done in her mid-50’s and now she can see like a falcon.
I’ve been truly blessed with unusually good vision and so, I’ve not needed it.
However, judging from her results and judging from what others have told me, it is truly amazing how far lasic surgery has come these days.

I had Lasik laser surgery done 16 years ago. I was 46. It was a blessing. I went from 20/200 uncorrected to 20/20 and was was liberated from wearing eyeglasses until just three or four years ago. After wearing glasses all my life I was very very happy with the surgery. At 63 years of age now, I find my vision still has no specific problem at night but I choose to wear prescription progressive lenses for everyday use. I can still legally drive without glasses, but prefer to wear them for driving, and shooting, and appreciate the extra definition and clarity. I must have optical help to read or work close in. My ability to use iron sights is pretty much gone. I can still use aperture sights reasonably well. But scopes are much better. My Sako Kodiak has a big bold white bead front sight and a wide vee rear that works better than any other set of iron sights the I have found. Peep sights with a large rear aperture are better, reflex sights better yet, and scopes are supreme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross