Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
I had Lasic done 1 year ago, my distance vision is outstanding but I need cheaters for close up. I can use open sights with no problem.Pistol shooting is still a problem, with cheaters I can see the sights but the target is slightly blurred and the opposite without.
What I really like is how much better the colors are since surgery

Velo Dog

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 5 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
My wife had lasic surgery done in her mid-50’s and now she can see like a falcon.
I’ve been truly blessed with unusually good vision and so, I’ve not needed it.
However, judging from her results and judging from what others have told me, it is truly amazing how far lasic surgery has come these days.

Longwalker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia
I had Lasik laser surgery done 16 years ago. I was 46. It was a blessing. I went from 20/200 uncorrected to 20/20 and was was liberated from wearing eyeglasses until just three or four years ago. After wearing glasses all my life I was very very happy with the surgery. At 63 years of age now, I find my vision still has no specific problem at night but I choose to wear prescription progressive lenses for everyday use. I can still legally drive without glasses, but prefer to wear them for driving, and shooting, and appreciate the extra definition and clarity. I must have optical help to read or work close in. My ability to use iron sights is pretty much gone. I can still use aperture sights reasonably well. But scopes are much better. My Sako Kodiak has a big bold white bead front sight and a wide vee rear that works better than any other set of iron sights the I have found. Peep sights with a large rear aperture are better, reflex sights better yet, and scopes are supreme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GDCClarice

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?