AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Lost posts from a thread titled BEWARE: M&C Investment International UK originally posted by AH member HDP Safaris...

HDP Safaris said:
Hi guys,

A person/s who claims to work for an investment company called 'M&C Investment International UK', is a scam artist and part of a investment con syndicate. I will not use the name the person/s used because there are honest people out there with the same name.

A person/s used the above company name to try and scam me, it is an organised syndicate that offer phony investment opportunities to unsuspecting and gullible individuals.

The dead give-away in this instance is that they know as much about hunting as any person who googled the word "hunting" would know...nothing really, so they don't know how to approach you in the way a normal hunting client would nor do they have that discernment. It's very obvious that the company is fake and the people involved are uneducated and grossly inexperienced about hunting, they only know how scams work, but not how hunting works.

I will not post the emails they sent me on this or any other thread, nor give you the contact details they left me. Rather do your own research. I'm not posting this to prove what i'm saying is true, i'm just warning you guys that this syndicate is trolling this AH forum for business opportunities(scams).

They have tried to sucker me into making investments with them, by posing as different people with different agendas at different times. For example, I first received a call from a somebody who made a very professional yet vague pitch about his interest in my company, and that he would then allow his 'boss' to call me the next week, i tried to get verification of his company bvut he was very vague and 'quick' on that subject. I immediately called my accounting and business agent after this dodgy call about whether my company registration details is available to the general public or not, and it is not, nor did I give permission to list it anywhere, AND, at the time, the institution I registered with did not legalise anything yet, so the story they gave me about finding my company info on a 'general company database' that was solicited from their IT and marketing group is utter nonsense, which is what I suspected the minute I got the first call. Then, after I told the 'boss' to get lost and that I am not interested, I received two emails from a 'woman' who claimed that she saw my pics on the internet, that she loves traveling, and that she wishes to get to know me because im attractive and that people are attracted to me (lol, perhaps she hasn't seen me up close!!!). Anyway, the point of this is that 'she' wants to get financial information from me eventually, I am a single man but I am not so desperate for love and affection that I would jump on this bandwagon of interested parties like 'women who love travel'. I immediately told her to get lost as well, and this time I also made it very clear that I was aware of the scam and the relation between the two calls and these two emails, ie, im not a fool. Lastly, a man who called himself 'x', emailed me about making a booking for hunts in march, that I should call him immediately about getting a booking with a hunting lodge that has a conference facility for business individuals...the manner in which the email was sent, the desperation, the irrelevant material used as a means to secure a booking, all alluded to a bullsh###er who knows absolutely nothing of hunting or has any intention of going hunting. Why would an interested party introduce his company name as well??? And then brielfy ask about, and I quote " a lodge that has the hunting, call me immediately!"...?

When I asked them for a website address : they said it was under construction. When I asked for a name of the person I was talking to: it was very quick and not easily pronounced. When I asked for their business registration details: the person very quickly said something 'professional' and changed the subject very quickly. They tried to be overbearing and forceful but also tried to make me think I was in control by saying "remember, you are under no obligation..." but then they would try and talk over me and pretend not to hear what I was asking about verification details. They try and swindle individuals by being overbearing, informed, professional, and dominant about the pitch. Do not entertain any company that calls you out of the blue with a desperate interest to make you give them investement monies, it's quite simple and I do not believe that many people are so foolish, but the reason they are in business is because there are a few people out there who fall for it. DON'T BE ONE OF THEM!

All the emails, calls etc that I received are linked to the UK. When I googled 'Allen Bradley M&C Investment International UK', a list of similar names and companies came up obviously, but what sealed their fate with me is that a list of unlisted and criminal syndicates that operates as investment brokers etc came up as well. I did not google the word 'criminal', 'phony investement', 'investment scams'...I simply googled the above words and came up with a few links to unauthorised companies, clearly this company posing with this name and othe rother similar names has done this before.

The reason I am posting this is to say:

-Keep your information tight
-Becareful of what you say on the forum
-Check your privacy settings on AH

All this goes without saying and is tacitly understood anyway, its a public forum so there are individuals who try this on every type of public forum with businesses on them. But I would like to reitterate this safety measures because it's a reality that we should not become too relaxed about.

They watched my threads and posts and tried to use it against me.

They are watching the AH forum for opportunities (scams).

The information I got about them is that they are operating in the UK and that they are most likey run by a nigerean syndicate.

Google the company name and find out for yourself.

Keep well all,

owenowen said:
HI there,

Thanks for the info. Yes many scammers out these days. I had calls in the past from people based in the UK saying that they are a top commodity /equity trader from Hong Kong. I also had many scam emails coming to my email address since it on this site i think they are targeting many of us.

regards owen

HDP Safaris said:
The first guy who called me said exactly that, top commodity/equity trading based in Hong Kong. He cut the call short when I started asking "questions". His pitch was that his company represented another company that would call me later, which they did, but I called their game and told them to get lost.

owenowen said:
That's them yes they will call you like once a month :) .. after they realize you are too cleaver for them they will leave you alone !! Scammers irritate the hell out of me and may they be warned if you scam or cheat in anyway you will get it back at you 5 time worse !!!

HDP Safaris said:
I already made it quite clear to them that I am aware of all of their tactics so far and that they are not dealing with an idiot. I may be young, new to business, slightly inexperienced etc...but i'm no fool. I think they read all my posts and viewed my profile and figured me for young and easy bait! But they got a big surprise. I've got a brain between my ears and that's all it takes to see the inconsistent crapola that they try to sell. I don't wish anyone bad, I just wish they leave us all alone and get a job!!!

GUBU SAFARIS said:
Hello guys,

I received several emails so be aware.

email 1

Hello, My name is A..... B.....from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes. They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012. Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card. Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time. Call me anytime. Best Regards, Allen Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-xxxx

email 2

Thank you for the replied e-mail below,However the 5 guests are to hunt for 2 days, Kindly Let me know your spacing in dates from the said date, Also your cost as they do not have any specific animal to hunt for as you can highlight me on animals that will be available for Hunt.Also if you provide the services listed below .

1. taxidermy
2. accommodation
3. meals
4. Rifle Rent e.t.c

At this juncture let me know your list of animals along their prices/trophy and their costs alternatively or a list be made as the guest might choose their hunt at arrival
Kindly Let me know the cost of the questions below as we will be making a deposit payment for the hunt.Kindly Send me a quote
Best Regards,
Allen

I googled his name an found out right now.
So please be aware people

greetings

Kjell Schembri

HDP Safaris said:
I received this exact email too. I received another altered version when I did not respond. The time-frame between the phone calls from the fake investment brokers, these specific emails, and two other "unrelated" emails is within two weeks of each other...ALL traced back to the UK.

HDP Safaris said:
If you google 'M&C Investments International UK', you get to a company website called 'MC Investments UK' which is a legitimate company.The name the company is wrong, there is no 'International' in this company's name, im sure if the guy was representing his company or working the company and chose to use teh company name in the email he would not have ADDED the word International becasue it would be misleading. Plus po mention of his name anywhere even if you search hard. There is also no '&', and as afr as i know comapnys are listed exactly as they are registered with all the punctuation andwording precisely as it was registered (save for the obvious abbreviated types).

So, I guess the premise is to use a common or similar company name so that when you google it you will find lots of company names that are similar, and reduc suspiscion. Also the guys name is very common and found on many other business sites. But the two dont meet at one point, ie. the guys name is never together with the company's name (a company name that cannot be found on the net if you google it, only similar other company names).

I went to the company's 'search company name or directors name' area and searched his name and found many names but not one related to the company he claims to represent. MC Investments is also listed as dissolved as of 20 feb 2011. I still cannot find the exact company name he claims to represent anywhere on the net. This is the url for MC Investements: M C INVESTMENTS UK LTD of N20 0RA in WHETSTONE LONDON (M C INVESTMENTS UK LTD of N20 0RA in WHETSTONE LONDON)

Go to this site to check out the forms that scams take: Scams and swindles

I believe, just off the top of my head, that eventually you will become comfortable and divulge necessary finacial information with the people scamming you. And I could have been a victim because initially when I got the first call and heard that an investment company was interested I thought I could get money...but then I realised that soon they would ask ME for money becasue they started to talk about makin nvestements into the stock market,so I told them 'goodbye'.

Shavesgreen said:
Yep, I got the exact same emails!!

Email scams targeting the hunting industry

There are many email scams like this going around targeting specifically the hunting industry and these types of scams have been going around for a years now. Hunting outfitters and PHs, if an agent or agency requests you to pay upfront or to them before you have received any money from a clients' booking, there is something wrong no matter what their reasoning is and no matter what they say... Just don't do it! This is not how reputable agents function.

In regard to the above email scam, it comes form so-called Allen Bradley with the following email address:allan.bradley51@yahoo.co.uk.

The email in question dated Feb 3, 2012 reads...

Hello, My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes. They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012. Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card. Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time. Call me anytime. Best Regards, Allen Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

I read the part about the woman emailing you about international travel. She proclaimed you were handsome and all............

Ok I admit it. It was me! I'm a flaming homosexual and want you bad! I'm male, 6,4" 290lbs, and I look unbelievable in high heels and lengerie. tell your wife not to be too jealous as she will never match my beauty!

Ok maybe I'm lying just a bit but I might wear some high heels and lengerie for you if you will give me a free leopard hunt! :)

I read the part about the woman emailing you about international travel. She proclaimed you were handsome and all............

Ok I admit it. It was me! I'm a flaming homosexual and want you bad! I'm male, 6,4" 290lbs, and I look unbelievable in high heels and lengerie. tell your wife not to be too jealous as she will never match my beauty!

Ok maybe I'm lying just a bit but I might wear some high heels and lengerie for you if you will give me a free leopard hunt! :)

tap,
6,4" 290 in heels and lengerie???? Your worrying me man:confused::p

so now your going to make fun of me because you look horrible in heels in lengerie. i dont know why everyone is always so jealous of me.

so now your going to make fun of me because you look horrible in heels in lengerie. i dont know why everyone is always so jealous of me.

No.No. Not jealous, just worried;) I'm sure you look great:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Allen Bradley is at it again today, this time a different email address, allan.bradley51@yahoo.co.uk, and the same message...

Hello,

My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes.

They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012.

Mode Of Payment includes the listed below
Visa
Master
Amex Card.

Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time.

Call me anytime.

Best Regards,

Allen
Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

Ok, one leopard hunt sold! Post pics of u in high heels and lingerie as down payment! Lol!

On a more serious note:

Jerome, my apologies for not re-posting this thread when you asked me to about a week ago, I was trying to figure out how to re-post it without having to type the whole thing again and got the task lost between other things I'm trying to do at the moment...

Another common scam is to secure a booking by making a payment with a cheque: After one or two days after the payment reflects on your system as been paid in, the 'client' will say that he has to withdraw from the hunt/booking due to a family emergency (or something that will play on your emotions or conscience- like his little niece's heart operation went wrong etc), in the mean time the bank has not alerted you to the phony cheque that will bounce because its only been one or two days, and in SA it takes ten days for a cheque to clear (as far as I remember). Then you pay the 'client' his money back. Now he has received the money and vanished, then the bank alerts you after ten days that the cheque that bounced. My Aunt has a lodge in SA and told me about this particular scam as being very common in her industry, she receives emails similar to the one under question here on a regular basis because the idea of booking, for example, 5 or more business clients at once is a good booking and sometimes people just jump on it.

No need for an apology Rohan... your input is greatly appreciated!

Jerome have been receiving the same over the last couple of days. Below is a mail I received a couple of days ago.

Hello,

My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes.

Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card.

Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time.

Call me anytime.

Best Regards,

Allen

Allen Bradley is at it again today, this time a different email address, allan.bradley51@yahoo.co.uk, and the same message...

Hello,

Mode Of Payment includes the listed below
Visa
Master
Amex Card.

Call me anytime.

Best Regards,

Allen

another one from this donkey!
It's stupid though Allen Bradley from Gary Bell's email adress?????? Jerome we have also been receiving mails from these guys for the last year, Thanks for the heads up there are seriously bad people out there!

Hello, My name is Allen Bradley from M&c Investment International UK. I want to know if there is any availability for 5 guests coming for Business meeting that needs Hunting services if possible. They are coming for visit. If there is availability, kindly let me know about the dates and the quotes. They are looking forward to Arrive on 23th March 2012. Mode Of Payment includes the listed below Visa Master Amex Card. Write me immediately with an update on the list of all the Hunting services you can offer and available at that time. Call me anytime. Best Regards, Allen Phone Numbers :+44-702-405-4998

Thanks for the heads up about this conman. My emails from him look identical. I thought we only needed to worry about the predators in the bush...guess not.

RH

Another email scam...

Here is another another email scam, this one sent by someone with the following email address jimmp077@gmail.com and in the subject RESERVATIONS... Note from gmail "This message may not have been sent by: jimmp077@gmail.com"

Here is the email message...

Hello,

Good day to you and please note that we will need accommodation for 3 guests that will be on a short visit to your country.

Kindly inform us if there is availability for 3 rooms from May 23rd to 27th 2012 (4 nights).

See below for their names:

Mr Jack Williams
Mrs Sara Wright
Mrs Jane Brighton

Do revert back to us with the rates as well as the total cost for the duration of their stay.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Jim.

The other common one going around now is to wire into your account and provide proof of payment for an amount way over the invoiced cost. You then get a call saying to send back the excess, later learning that none of the payment was good. This has really been hitting the hospitality industry. I have had three attempts on me this way, this year. The last one promised to send a Siphiso over to collect, told them to make sure he was wearing a bullet proof vest.

If you are in SA and wonder how they got your info look no further than CIPRO, another of our well run government projects. For those not there this is where you have to register your company. Scammers have been very good at hijacking your company by deregestering the owner/directors and putting themselves in.

A bit of an aside. Zuma recently came out in support of a Nigerian for head of World Bank. If you thought you had scammers before just wait.

Ok, one leopard hunt sold! Post pics of u in high heels and lingerie as down payment! Lol!

On a more serious note:

Jerome, my apologies for not re-posting this thread when you asked me to about a week ago, I was trying to figure out how to re-post it without having to type the whole thing again and got the task lost between other things I'm trying to do at the moment...

Another common scam is to secure a booking by making a payment with a cheque: After one or two days after the payment reflects on your system as been paid in, the 'client' will say that he has to withdraw from the hunt/booking due to a family emergency (or something that will play on your emotions or conscience- like his little niece's heart operation went wrong etc), in the mean time the bank has not alerted you to the phony cheque that will bounce because its only been one or two days, and in SA it takes ten days for a cheque to clear (as far as I remember). Then you pay the 'client' his money back. Now he has received the money and vanished, then the bank alerts you after ten days that the cheque that bounced. My Aunt has a lodge in SA and told me about this particular scam as being very common in her industry, she receives emails similar to the one under question here on a regular basis because the idea of booking, for example, 5 or more business clients at once is a good booking and sometimes people just jump on it.

Saeng,

I had a gut feeling about the CIPRO thing. I spoke to the woman who registered the company, she said its not possible for anyone to have gotten that company info at the time etc, but I had a gut feeling it was a good possibility and I dont know why I felt that way. Though I dont think anyone has or will hijack it just yet ha ha.

I received also other attempts: soon after confirmation of registration some woman from "Durban" called me posing as a Vodacom representative bla bla bla...I put the phone down because Vodacom dont do that kind of personal calls about investments, then also got emails from South African named people in my spam box about investments and the like...all happened after the registration was through but I always just delete. What the dimwits never realised is that it was/is just a company name, but they said stuff like "We viewed your website earlier today...", "We know that you have a good reputation with your hunting clients, therefore we would like to interest you in..." etc. I have no website or clients, what retards!

Other day I received a "warning email" from the SAPS about a person named 'Simon Ashton' thats going to get all my info off my lap/pc and use it, so I should send the warning mail to my friends etc I sent the mail to warn others about this guy but then I thought "HANG ON!" "WHAT?!", I googled his name and find out that the email is just a scam in itself that make people worry about nothing, some scammers are just coniving little teen brats with time on their hands, not looking for money, they just sow worry and discord.

As for poor Siphiso I hope he is ok!;)

Hi Rohan

It took me about 15 minutes to get my info out of CIPRO through the web, and I have never done it before. I thought I had protected myself by doing it through the lawyers office in Empangeni, boy was I wrong. I read that there has been enough kak that Pretoria is changing the system. May be happening as I need a CIPRO good standing letter for a bid and they can't get anything done right now, another surprise.

I was very disappointed that Siphiso didn't make it. Have an old box of Black Talons that I wanted to see if they worked as advertised.

John

John,

The fact that you could get your info so quickly is quite a reflection of the standards we deal with in our government, and im no expert, but damn...15 minutes and you're in????

Siphiso is quite a lucky man... Did some research on those Black Talons and would actually like use them. Have a Taurus .44Spcl revolver at SAPS, think Black Talons sounds like a good investment for self-defense purposes. Do you get them locally?

Jerome,

Thanks for keeping us up to date about the scamming emails going around. I think its important to know what and when it is going around and who uses what names and what emails because eventually one of us is going to get caught one day. Thats how they operate: in the hope that at least just one or two people out of every thousand bite every now and then. By exposing scammers and the emails to the public we reduce that chance.

Hi Rohan
My understanding is that Winchester quit production on them as the rumor was that they went through body armor. I had a friend bring over two boxes of 45ACP about 10 years ago. I read an article that said the trick for a .44 was to drill out a 300gr Remington hollow point. Fill the hollow with 9 shot and wax seal. I hit a fever tree with it and was impressed with the damage.

My concern is that you loose some defense if you kill with a hand load, sure that a tricked up one would make it worse. With the way that SAPS works we are screwed even if they are armed and in your house. Just always figured that it the choice was 6ft under or hiring a lawyer I would take option 2.

John,

The fact that you could get your info so quickly is quite a reflection of the standards we deal with in our government, and im no expert, but damn...15 minutes and you're in????

Siphiso is quite a lucky man... Did some research on those Black Talons and would actually like use them. Have a Taurus .44Spcl revolver at SAPS, think Black Talons sounds like a good investment for self-defense purposes. Do you get them locally?

Hi Rohan
My understanding is that Winchester quit production on them as the rumor was that they went through body armor. I had a friend bring over two boxes of 45ACP about 10 years ago. I read an article that said the trick for a .44 was to drill out a 300gr Remington hollow point. Fill the hollow with 9 shot and wax seal. I hit a fever tree with it and was impressed with the damage.

My concern is that you loose some defense if you kill with a hand load, sure that a tricked up one would make it worse. With the way that SAPS works we are screwed even if they are armed and in your house. Just always figured that it the choice was 6ft under or hiring a lawyer I would take option 2.

My motivation letter was 8 pages long for the .44. Feel like I have handed in a philosophy essay for marking and waiting for the results. I got every angle covered as far as I know and im backed by SAPSA, NGPSA, SAHGCA, and my shooting club, first aid, medical certificate, proof of my shooting logs, pictures of my neighbourhood security and my home security and everything etc...but still not sure if the application will be approved. It is as though self-defence is only self-defence when the guy with an AK is already pulling the trigger and there is no burglar bars between you and him...otherwise you may not even pull out your weapon because then you are the one "provoking" an attack as it is said that the burglar bars or other allow you to retreat....even though the person with an AK is in your home and trying to kill you, and burglar bars are much wider than the 7.62mm. It has value and in some cases makes sense ie safety and avoid unnecessary shooting, my only issue is that it seems the law will not consider the grey areas. However, when a person gets a weapon application approved by the SAPS you can be sure that that firearm owner is more than qualified to own it = safer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg