AGENT: Anyone Have First Hand Experience With EAI Outdoors?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by Tn_Huntaholic, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Tn_Huntaholic

Tn_Huntaholic New Member

Member of:
    NWTF
    I hope I don't step on any toes here but I was just wondering if any of yall have been hunting with EAI Outdoors? Ive got a buddy here that works with them doing shows here in the states and has been multiple times that Im planning on going over with but I was curious if anybody here has been with them? Im just in the beginning stages of planning this trip so of course I want to know all I can!

2. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    US, South Africa
    Went on our first safari with eai outdoors in may of 2017, had a great time. Our ph went above and beyond to make us happy. We hunted every day and finished our list with about a half day left so we didnt do anything extra. Prices are very good there compared to most places and i liked the idea of having everything except the taxidermy paid for before we left. (no extra fees)

Our second trip was through Hercules safaris and when we go back it will be through him. Total $ were higher through Hercules but we liked it better. Food was OMG, Hercules and his team treated us like family, and we shot our whole list by the second day. The taxidermist that Hercules uses(bulls eye) is far above the onsite place at eai.
    For your first trip you can't go wrong with eai and their prices, but Hercules is our place from now on.

Bruce likes this.

3. Bruce

Bruce AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SAGA/ Cape Hunters/ SA Hunters Association
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe/Zambia/ South Africa/ Botswana/ Tanzania
    I can HIGHLY recommend Craig at Bullseye Taxidermy...he has done some GREAT work for me in the past!!

Brewster6514 likes this.

4. Tn_Huntaholic

Tn_Huntaholic New Member

Member of:
    NWTF
    Taxidermy is a non issue, my daughter in law is what is considered to be one of the best in the business and if I mount anything it goes without saying that she will do it. To be honest though Im not sure I will even have anything mounted except MAYBE a kudu. I can take all the pics I want for free and have them blown up and framed and save a metric ton of money on fees and taxidermy bills. In the end, after we are dead and gone, all these mounted heads mean NOTHING to anyone except us and for the cost of taxidermy I can be halfway or more toward taking another trip. Ive been to way too many estate sales and witnessed peoples prized lifetime possessions thrown in a box and sold for $2. Yes, this is coming from someone with enough mounts already in it to look like a small cabelas. LOL. Bears, turkeys, caribou, whietail, mule deer, antelope, fish etc... all are scattered around the house.

5. everett

everett GOLD SUPPORTER New Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    rsa
    Used them basically as a booking agent on 2015 hunt. Couldn’t resist the prices they were offering. Ultimately had numerous issues with our booking agent, but he booked us with a great outfit that made everything good. Had a great trip. I would try to find out everything you can about who you’ll be hunting with and where. That will be more important than who you book through.
    Hunted this year with Game4africa. They can probably get you as good a deal on prices (if that’s why you’re choosing Eai) and you’ll be dealing directly with your outfitter/ph.