Afton Safari lodge

President Lodge was excellent. Great food and great accommodation. Security was excellent across the street from Mamba Security. 5 mins from Shopping Malls and 2 mins from Bar and grill.

I have not stayed at Afton, so I can not comment on the rooms. However, they appear to be run by the folks who publish Africa Hunting Gazette. I know that they are running some type of "club" where "Life Members" for $1000 USD get a Subscription for life, 3 VIP Meet & Greet, 3 gun permit and 3 accommodation packages (whatever that is).

I have stayed at Africa Sky and Intercontinental. Africa Sky does have a lot of Hunters stay there. When I was there Ivan Carter and Johan Calitz where both there. The rooms were fairly basic, without a phone. I know that they did have a security problem, where someone went over the wall and tried to break into a guest room. I was not there when that happened, but read about it else where. I understand that upgrades where made but I have no personal knowledge of those upgrades.

Intercontinental what can I say, first class all around. Steps from the International Terminal and great bedding. City Lodge I have not stayed there but it's attached by a hallway to the terminal.

If I was staying again in Jo'burg, my choice would be either City Lodge or Intercontinental. I am simply not going to risk staying off airport property, when the locals are too busy picking off the tourists around the airport property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross