Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
I am moving forward slowly with my VZ -24 Sporterizing project. I have installed a taller front sight and sent the bolt off to John Mc Laughlin to have him install his "Rigby" style rear sight. Yea the one in the bolt. What I looking for now is some insight into aftermarket stocks. Boyds has a separate listing for BRNO VZ -24s but only with a NO. 1 barrel contour. Mine rifle still has the Military barrel on it. I contacted Richards Microfit Stocks, but they only have options for Mauser K-98s. They do however offer one inlet for Military barrels. Will a BRNO VZ - 24 fit into a stock that is "inletted" for a Mauser K 98?

VZ is 3/8" shorter than a K98 action with regard to the spacing between the action bolts. You could make it work - with it firing 8mm, then it isn't as iff you are expecting to fire a .458 Lott on bedding compound glopped around the extra space. The Boyd's At One stock fit my VZ-24 very nicely, but I suspect you want a more traditional stock layout.

Thanks Capt. Dan, that is the exact information I was looking for.

+1 to USMA84DAB's comment.

Ive got a Richards Microfit stock on a VZ24 30-06 that I built last year.. you can definitely make it work... I both pillar and glass bedded mine.. looks great, shoots great, etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.