Africana African Hunting Books For Sale

Here is a pic of the Capstick Library. This is what I have, there may be more to the series, not sure.
IMG_1597.JPG

I can sell these one at a time or the set. $25 ea or $250 for the set of 14. Or make offer. Shipping included to the US only.

Books Facing Danger Last Wilderness, Allan. Safari Today, R. Lee and Hunting in Africa, Morkel are sold.

OK, so here is whats left.

All the Capstick books mentioned on page one and the Capstick Library of reprints.

Crocodile Fever

Ghosts of Tsavo
African Hunt
Animals of East Africa
Under the African Sun
The Hunter is Death
Horned Death
Hunting and Spoor of Central African Game
Big Game Shooting in Africa
Bror Blixen The African Letters
Silence Will Speak
Atlas of Africa's Principal Mammals

Feel free to make offers on any and all books, based on the original prices listed.

Books are still here fellas. Shipping included for US buyers. Make offers, ya never know, I might just take it. Or not. Who knows??:rolleyes::D

Scott,
I'll take the Capstick set if still available.
Cheers,
Cody

The Capstick Library is sold.

Do you still have the Last Ivory Hunter? Sorry if I missed if it was posted as sold.

Yes, its still available. PM me if you want it.

Some books still for sale, see the list. Make offers.

Congrats on Capstick purchase, if I'd room I'd have bought it.

Thanks Eric! Still have books for sale guys.

BTT, make offers!

No I am not dying, but I have a lot of great Africana that I started buying many years ago that have been read and some more than once, but now languish away on the bookcase collecting dust. Most are original books, written by many different authors, some you may have never heard of, others you know well. I have I believe the complete Capstick Collection wherein he served as editor of the set and the books are classics by other mostly well known authors. Prices will be for a shipped book within the US or Canada. If anyone overseas wants a book, I cannot predict the postage, however book rates should not be too horrible, though I just paid over $20US to get a book from the Netherlands. If you have a book you are looking for, feel free to PM me, I may have it. Most are HB, a few are PB. If you want to know any printing info just ask, I am not going to go thru them all right now. I don't want to put a giant list here just yet but here is a few for sale. The above mentioned Capstick Collection, again I believe complete. $300US. 15? books
Congo Eden, Ackley - $30
Facing Danger in the Last Wilderness, Doug Allan - $25
Bell of Africa, Bell - $30
Karamojo Safari, Bell - $35
Last of the Few, Arino, T.S. - $30
The Hunter is Death, Bulpin - $35
Horned Death, Burger - $30
Death in the Silent Places, Capstick - $25
Last Ivory Hunter, Capstick - $30
Lost Horizons, Capstick - $30
Death in a Lonely Land, Capstick - $30
African Adventurers, Capstick - $30
Warrior, Capstick - $30
Man called Lion, Capstick - $30
Maneaters, Capstick - $30
Croc Fever, Earl - $30
Encyclopedia of African Animals, Fiorenza P. - $75 Nice picture book.

I have quite a few more, lets see how this goes. Any questions about editions, covers or anything else, PM me and I will try to get any info needed. If none of this stuff moves here I will probably send the list to Safari Press which is where I got most of the books over the years. I don't know what current values are on most of these, you may find some of these for less on Amazon or Ebay, I don't know. I am open to dickering on some of the books but not all. All of the books are USED and some more than others, especially the older books by the early authors. I will be keeping my favorite books of course, the better Capsticks, Boddingtons, an original African Hunter 1st ed, by Mellon, J.A.Hunters books, a couple of Pondoro's, J. Kingsley-Heath etc.
PM with questions. Preferred payment will be a USPS money order, but personal checks from known members is fine, or a good bank check. Thanks!!
HI ,I am looking for "Months of the sun "by Ian Nyschens.
Thanks
Ian Evans

Well you picked a tough one there. Least expensive copy I could find was at Amazon France, at $321 plus shipping. Most copies I found were over $700!!! I don't have it. Amazing how some books just go thru the roof! I looked for a looong time to get a copy of Boddingtons, 'Search for the Spiral Horns' for a near sensible price. I paid a fair amount but finally got it and glad I did, its a great read and a very nice book and will only increase in value. Good luck on your search!

Sest, if you have a copy of "Months of the Sun- Ian Nyschens I will buy it ....

Regards

Gert

I don't, never did. I have seen a couple of copies on line of late for semi reasonable prices but still over $200 US. Look at Ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.