Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
WOW! Just wow!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I am sure someone loves that. I am happy for them and I am happy that they can afford it. But, this sort of full size diorama is simply the antithesis of my taste (probably why I am not crazy about shrubbery growing out of pedestal mounts). The taxidermy work is obviously superb. But I look at taxidermy as a means to enhance rather than overwhelm a room. Art and artifacts are just as important to me as a mounted animal. A skull mount can often enhance a corner or a piece of furniture far better than a shoulder mount. But nothing is more personal than taste, and I am thrilled you have a happy client.

Last edited:

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
USA, RSA
I am sure someone loves that. I am happy for them and I am happy that they can afford it. But, this sort of full size diorama is simply the antithesis of my taste (probably why I am not crazy about shrubbery growing out of pedestal mounts). The taxidermy work is obviously superb. But I look at taxidermy as a means to enhance rather than overwhelm a room. Art and artifacts are just as important to me as a mounted animal. A skull mount can often enhance corner or a piece of furniture far better than a shoulder mount. But nothing is more personal than taste, and I am thrilled you have a happy client.
I agree, that is a bit too much.

Mort Hill

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
Taste is personal. If I had the ways and means, I would do the same thing. I could sit in that room for hours, as I do my own trophy room, and just reflect on the past adventures, and dream of future ones.

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
I appreciate the "art" of the taxidermy and the backgrounds and the poses, but I just sit here and think, "I could hunt about 5 more times with that money..." Congrats to the owner, I am sure they are pleased.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Taste is personal. If I had the ways and means, I would do the same thing. I could sit in that room for hours, as I do my own trophy room, and just reflect on the past adventures, and dream of future ones.
My thoughts exactly.

PARA45

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Beautiful work. If the owner can afford that type of of taxidermy display, I'm sure he can afford going hunting anywhere he likes. :LOL:

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Damon Engel wrote on Saul's profile.
Hello! I noticed your E Type in your avatar. What year is it? I have a '69 that looks identical, minus the wire wheels. My car has the steel rims, as I understand it,a more expensive option, but I like the wire wheel much better!
pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
Hunt booked 2022
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.