Fastrig

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
CA, TX, MT, CO, NV, AK, NE, SD, FL
The ASC Compact Shooting Sticks I ordered arrived today. This is the set that breaks down into three pieces and is about 26" - 27" long when collapsed. Comes with a very nice carrying bag (embroidered logo, heavy duty, etc.). This set will fit in a duffel bag or breakdown gun case with no problem whatsoever. Set comes with plastic/rubber feet covers for use on concrete or other hard surfaces at a range, these are in their own little bag so they don't get lost (nice touch). These sticks are a tad expensive and I was honestly kind of hesitant about ordering them, but now that they are here I can confirm that you definitely are getting what you pay for as these sticks are quality from top to bottom. The wood is top grade and turned to perfection, the aluminum sections are solid and machined with precision, the rifle rest has quality hand stitched leather sleeves, there are a set of noise dampening o-rings on each pole, and the fit and finish is excellent.

Hopefully will have time to take these to the range this weekend and will report back as soon as i get a chance to put them through their paces. Sure they will perform well as they are very stable. Stay tuned :)

Greg,

I have an opening for a Shooting Stick sales person at DSC and SCI....interested? Thank you for your kind words!

Jim

I have the same set. They are completely awesome. I was a little hesitant to spend that much...but glad I did. I had been using the Jim Shockey edition trigger sticks, which are really nice. But for some reason, my accuracy improved greatly with these....maybe just a product of more practice...but I saw an immediate change.

Greg,

I have an opening for a Shooting Stick sales person at DSC and SCI....interested? Thank you for your kind words!

Jim

Jim,

Since I've never been to either of those events and would like to go someday, let me know when and where and I'll see if I can work it out :) Imagine it would be a lot of fun. You have a great product which makes selling a lot easier.

Greg

Range use report:

Outstanding sticks, that simple. Not much to compare against as I’ve never used African style sticks before however the ASC Compact Sticks provide an exceptionally stable shooting platform and I was able to keep consistent groupings off them. Used my Mauser M12 Max 9.3x62 today and put 60 rounds out to the 100 yard mark using open sights. Shot in five-shot groups (mag capacity) and was putting the groups within a kill zone circle off the ASC sticks which was the same result I was getting off the bench using bags. Shot 25 off the bench and 35 off the ASC sticks, alternating between the two. Was surprised that the ASC sticks produced results in line with the bench/bags. Shot another 20 rounds to the same distance off-hand, wish the results had been as good as off the ASC sticks but wasn’t even close :(

Was going to dial in my new scopes today, but walked off without a tool I needed to do so. Decided to go with the open sight practice, out to my max open sight distance, to see how it would go. Have to say I’m both pleased and a bit surprised at the results. Next time will be the scope test and will report back on how that goes with the ASC sticks.

I bought a set of sticks when I got back from Namibia. I got the same that my PH used, and he bought his from African Sporting Creations. The sticks are indeed of high quality, but what needs to be said is that each time I use the sticks it brings back a flood of incredible memories. I use mine at the range, and will use them this season as I hunt N America, and the next time I go back to Africa. Some might say $400+ is expensive for sticks, but you get what you pay for.

Use Update: have been using the sticks for a number of weeks now and am happy to say they are big time keepers. Shot off them with 308’s, 300 win mag, 9.3x62 Mauser, 45 long colt 1873 lever rifle. All were great and accurate off the ASC sticks. If I get time to hunt this fall I’ll be taking the stick.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for you kind words. I appreciate it more than you know.

Best Regards,

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross