Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
are there any good African Safari podcasts. I have a ten hour drive tomorrow and need some good listening material

Interesting question!

Thought I’d resurrect this old thread, as hopefully folks know of some more options.

So my work has changed due to staffing and I’m on the road in a garbage/recycling truck a lot more. So I spend a significant amount of time listening to either audiobooks or podcasts.

I have found a couple really good podcasts on safari.
1. The Big Game Hunting Podcast has several episodes on Safari, including 2 interviews with Phil Massaro, and 4 with Dr. Kevin Robertson. In all, I count 22 episodes. Some are very basic information, but others are a much deeper dive and quite interesting. Be prepared, the host is an agent and is trying to encourage you to book through him. But I thought the content was good.

2. Outdoors International podcast had one episode with De Wet Van Wyk, on hunting in SA and Mozambique. This one particularly talks about archery hunting, but is enjoyable. Again, they are promoting their company, but worthwhile to listen, I though.

3. The Safari Stories Podcast. I haven’t actually gotten to any episodes from the podcast. Currently, there are only 5 episodes. I’ll probably start working on them this week.

Since I’m primarily an upland bird and waterfowl hunter, I also enjoy Pheasants Forever’s On The Wing podcast, and Project Upland. Plus some farm related ones for my grain and livestock farm.

So, what else is out there worth the listen relating to Safari?

I really enjoy listening to round the fire with Kingsview safaris. I hunted with him last March and he started this maybe 6 months ago. Originally it was some of his past clients and has grown to include interviews with Jim shockey and j Alain smith.
Another podcast that has several good ones is lone star outdoor show. The two with Ivan carter I find particularly good. You’ll learn after a few how to fast forward to good parts of that podcast.

I hope there will be some more replies, always looking for something new to listen to.

Thought I’d resurrect this old thread, as hopefully folks know of some more options.

So my work has changed due to staffing and I’m on the road in a garbage/recycling truck a lot more. So I spend a significant amount of time listening to either audiobooks or podcasts.

1. The Big Game Hunting Podcast has several episodes on Safari, including 2 interviews with Phil Massaro, and 4 with Dr. Kevin Robertson. In all, I count 22 episodes. Some are very basic information, but others are a much deeper dive and quite interesting. Be prepared, the host is an agent and is trying to encourage you to book through him. But I thought the content was good.

2. Outdoors International podcast had one episode with De Wet Van Wyk, on hunting in SA and Mozambique. This one particularly talks about archery hunting, but is enjoyable. Again, they are promoting their company, but worthwhile to listen, I though.

3. The Safari Stories Podcast. I haven’t actually gotten to any episodes from the podcast. Currently, there are only 5 episodes. I’ll probably start working on them this week.

Since I’m primarily an upland bird and waterfowl hunter, I also enjoy Pheasants Forever’s On The Wing podcast, and Project Upland. Plus some farm related ones for my grain and livestock farm.

The Kev Robertson podcasts are great. He had a lot of information to offer with 0 BS.

SCI Tag Soup seems to have only one episode in iTunes. I wonder what happened to the rest of them.

I did find PH Journal which is a podcast by a South African PH. So far there are 30 episodes and it looks like an active podcast with the last one being from earlier in the month. As the co-host of a podcast myself, I can tell you it is difficult doing all the editing and post-production of a podcast. I think that is why so many podcast have 10 or so episodes and then die.

I use Podcast Addict to get my supply of listening material. Recently did a search for Ivan Carter and got a bunch of different episodes. I’ve only listened to a couple, but they have been excellent. One was specifically about the 24 Lions project, and I’m currently listening to one from like 5 years ago he did with the Pace Brothers. Talk about somebody who can load you with ammunition for trying to educate anti-hunters.

The other day I did a couple searches in my current podcast platform for certain people and got some good results.

One of the searches was “Ivan Carter.” There are a bunch of podcasts, some going back 4-5 years. He is an incredible listen. I would highly recommend searching out anything with him.

Dr. Kevin Robertson is also a great listen.

There is a separate thread about a podcast @Philip Glass did for SCI Tag Soup. He also did one with the Lone Star Outdoor Show. I recommend both.

The other day I did a couple searches in my current podcast platform for certain people and got some good results.

One of the searches was “Ivan Carter.” There are a bunch of podcasts, some going back 4-5 years. He is an incredible listen. I would highly recommend searching out anything with him.

Dr. Kevin Robertson is also a great listen.

There is a separate thread about a podcast @Philip Glass did for SCI Tag Soup. He also did one with the Lone Star Outdoor Show. I recommend both.
Thanks.
I have listened to Ph Journals and Around the Fire podcasts. They are both ok and run by young PH’s. It is something to just hear a South African voice!
I should be on Around the Fire podcast in the coming months.

A couple of my favorite podcasts are:

Into the Wilderness with the Pace Brothers
Big Game Hunting Podcast
Beyond the Kill (more mountain hinting focused)
The Country Gent Podcast (UK hunting/whiskey)

I have enjoyed the Big Game Hunting Podcast recently. Guns Magazine Podcast has a few episodes on Safaris as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg