African Safari Limited Edition Books Signed By Authors

lionheart

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Columbia, New Zealand
A few years ago I acquired a large collection of collectible hunting books from the the estate of Dr Steven Fennell, a respected Athens, GA surgeon. Dr Fennell hunted all over the world and rubbed shoulders with some of the great white hunters whose books he collected. His African taxidermy collection was astounding.

I have decided to sell some of these books and wanted to offer them here before approaching the large book sellers with these African safari books by the likes of Batten, Rikoff, Selous, Manners, Burger, O'Conner, Allen, Collins, Herne, Randall, Popham and Merritt.

I would think these limited edition African treasures, signed by the respective authors and publisher Jim Rikoff, would be something many of you hunters, PH's and/or outfitters would enjoy having in your library.

I would prefer to sell as a collection but I will entertain offers. You should note that some of these titles, especially the dangerous game ones, are advertised for sale now at $500...up to $1000.
I am looking to sell at about 60% of retail (providing me with a better price than the 35 to 50 cents on the dollar that I expect the merchants will offer) which would enable you, the end users, to acquire more of these treasures!

I will attempt to attach a list below. All of these books and slip covers are in fine to like-new condition unless noted. I will be happy to provide a 3 day inspection with full refund as long as you cover shipping.

I included the other hunting titles just in case some of you folks like to hunt other places too....

IMG_1155.PNG
IMG_1156.PNG

Very interesting. I will send you a list later this evening. Taking my time since someone might want the whole enchilada.

Thanks to both of you for your reply and kind words.

There are books here that belong on someone's bookshelf next to the humidor and whiskey decanter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg