African price wars!

Who knows maybe we have a couple of elitists among us who believe that SA should have a low cost structure because of fenced properties..,.

I'm not sure just putting it out there from what I've picked up on other threads.
I'm done here, no interest in it anymore.
Moving along swiftly.

It funny using the kia to bentley is not rude but saying walmart makes bob rude. Or someone telling him he is basically to dumb in a slightly different way to understand how a safari business runs he could never understand is ok. Some of you better start realizing not all us american hunters are just dumb wallets walking around willing to throw money around.

You guys want to have your say but dont like when a few call you out on the BS WE THINK WE ARE GETTING. You want to bring up and whine about your fellow outfitters on pricing but dont like to hear what we think on it unless were one of those [edited by AfricaHunting.com] telling you that your right.

I guess one way to stop having all the bs talk and talks that help no one on here in the end is to stop bringing up the whole price,cheap,I run my business better then you post.

Yes we all have the right post but dont whine when your called out and dont like everything that gets posted on the thread you make. Somethings only start bad and end bad. This is one of the subjects that always does.

Last edited by a moderator:
It funny using the kia to bentley is not rude but saying walmart makes bob rude. Or someone telling him he is basically to dumb in a slightly different way to understand how a safari business runs he could never understand is ok. Some of you better start realizing not all us american hunters are just dumb wallets walking around willing to throw money around.

You guys want to have your say but dont like when a few call you out on the BS WE THINK WE ARE GETTING. You want to bring up and whine about your fellow outfitters on pricing but dont like to hear what we think on it unless were one of the ass kisser telling you that your right.

I guess one way to stop having all the bs talk and talks that help no one on here in the end is to stop bringing up the whole price,cheap,I run my business better then you post.

Yes we all have the right post but dont whine when your called out and dont like everything that gets posted on the thread you make. Somethings only start bad and end bad. This is one of the subjects that always does.

Too good to pass up.
Go through the analogy see what was said.
Being called a thief in no uncertain terms = polite?
Calling SA the Walmart of hunting = polite?

Once again you spot read, billlc,
-As mentioned above, I put on a public forum that which came out of the hunting industry.
-As mentioned above, I put on a public forum that which came from consumers side of the various show floors.
-As mentioned above, I never called anyone bad, a cheap operator or that they're not allowed to have they're pricing, my opening post made this blatantly clear.

The thread was turned into something very personal, but not by me, it'll never end, as long as it's part of the hospitality industry it'll continue, we are not selling tires although even there some are better than others.

And for goodness sake I'm not saying that I'm better than anyone! It was not even hinted at in in Bentley Mercedes Kia analogy,,,, but apparently somewhere I placed myself in the Bentley bracket which is absolutely hogwash I never did... Read.

The reality will always be there you really do get what you pay for, billlc it is what it is.

You want to bring up and whine about your fellow outfitters on pricing but dont like to hear what we think on it unless were one of the ass kisser telling you that your right.

So if you disagree with Jaco it's all good, but if you agree with him you're an ass kisser?

I have read this thread and I just plain disagree with the economics. The dollar has strengthened so much that gobs of money is being made when your business is done in Rand. Most of the big money in this world is made on the currency trade. The oil price is 1/3 of what it was two years ago. Those two factors alone will make up for lots of lost business due to the economy taking a dive. Speaking of the economy taking a dive I thought the low gas prices in the US was going to make Americans RICH!
Funny we never hear about these outfitters making money when times are good.
Regards,
Philip

I may be mistaken, but the drop in oil prices has been offset and then some by the devaluing of the Rand. Oil is priced in U.S. dollars. As such I believe fuel prices are actually higher in RSA than they were 2 years ago.

In March 2014, diesel R13.43 a liter. Feb 2016 R9.48. That is wholesale price. That is a drop in price by a lot. These are the official figures from AA South Africa.

I may be mistaken, but the drop in oil prices has been offset and then some by the devaluing of the Rand. Oil is priced in U.S. dollars. As such I believe fuel prices are actually higher in RSA than they were 2 years ago.

Hunts are sold and paid for in US dollars also. Cant do the math both ways to benefit your points as so many like to do.

Cost may have gone up in rand but they are getting more rand for my dollar also. Now if you dont want to play the game of money exchange dont use it later on to try and prove your point. If someone quotes there safaris based on 10 to 1 good for them take the extra 6 rand you made on that hunt an run with. Just dont come on here whining when other are playing the game taking the risk and offering us hunters a discount based on the weak rand.

Last edited:
In March 2014, diesel R13.43 a liter. Feb 2016 R9.48. That is wholesale price. That is a drop in price by a lot. These are the official figures from AA South Africa.

Apparently I was wrong, thanks for the info.

................. If someone quotes there safaris based on 10 to 1 good for them take the extra 6 dollars you made on that hunt an run with. ........

I assume you mean Rand? Just to be clear. If opposite I want to find your exchange office and change some Rands to Dollars at 1 to 16. :A Banana:

Hunts are sold and paid for in US dollars also. Cant do the math both ways to benefit your points as so many like to do.

Cost may have gone up in rand but they are getting more rand for my dollar also. Now if you dont want to play the game of money exchange dont use it later on to try and prove your point. If someone quotes there safaris based on 10 to 1 good for them take the extra 6 dollars you made on that hunt an run with. Just dont come on here whining when other are playing the game taking the risk and offering us hunters a discount based on the weak rand.

My point being, albeit mistaken as fuel prices apparently have dropped was that already expensive fuel prices in RSA if even more expensive, would offset the gain obtained by pricing the hunts in U.S. dollars.

The same would be true for any supplies required to conduct the safari if those supplies were being imported and paid for with a weakening Rand, i.e. it's called inflation. How those inflated prices would be offset by the hunts being paid for in U.S. dollars I don't know, I don't have the numbers. But I don't believe that it's a one to one correlation.

I assume you mean Rand? Just to be clear. If opposite I want to find your exchange office and change some Rands to Dollars at 1 to 16. :A Banana:

Yes that was rand. LOL Just shows how fast i would be out of business in that world of business.

Yes that was rand. LOL Just shows how fast i would be out of business in that world of business.

Devil is always in the details in what we write.

I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but felt that this had to be said.

I apologize in advance if my opinion offends anyone.

image-jpg.jpg

I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but felt that this had to be said.

I apologize in advance if my opinion offends anyone.

View attachment 55740

Royal you have to post credit where credit it due. Jaco was the first one to bring this distraction to our attention. You must give proper credit!

Royal you have to post credit where credit it due. Jaco was the first one to bring this distraction to our attention. You must give proper credit!

I did. :)

Speculating on on the stock market has cost people millions, but it's made million for others, don't see that speculating on the rand is any different, money to be made and lost possibly. That should be everyone's prerogative.

What do you pay at a pump??...... Anyway love the distraction I'm sold she can buy an over priced safari from me any day!
;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg