npm352

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I finally got my lion back from my friend and taxidermist, Randy Gilmore, from St. Louis, Missouri. I do my own shoulder mounts after taking a class over a decade ago, but I will not touch cats. I have seen too many taxidermist who do really nice ungulates produce lion, cougar, bobcat, caracals, etc., that look like Helen Keller did them.

I got a last minute deal on the hunt and killed him 3 days pre-ban on Jan '16. The hunt cost was way less than a full body mount so I did not want to go crazy on the taxidermy. I had him do a pedistal instead. I am happy with it. I haven't found exactly what pedastal to buy and mount him on quite yet, but will try to get the finished product pics on here when I can.

He also had the same hairdo as my son!

20180410_173315.jpg
20180411_175632.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also had him pour a form for this little thing I dreamed up.

Screenshot_20180412-131340.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s just awesome. Very regal looking lion.

WOW he turned out great!

can someone explain the ban? does it apply to other animals or just lions? also, are there other animals that are banned?

Awesome and congrats!

Super jealous - I hunted mine after the ban :( still worth it for the experience though!

Yep nice.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

@rinehart0050 It was worth the experience alone for sure. Congrats on that big cat.

When I made the last minute choice to go, I askef myself if it would be worth it even if usfws screws me...and I thought it was and went. And I was right. The trophy at home is a bonus, but the hunt was worth it in and of itself.

can someone explain the ban? does it apply to other animals or just lions? also, are there other animals that are banned?

Head over to USFWS website and read to your hearts content.

Nice hairdo.
Glad your happy with the product.

Nice collection of trophies! You should post some more photos of the complete collection.

Great looking lion!

Very nice mount, that’s the look you get when you first spot a lion at 200 yards, and he has been watching you for some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg