Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
north shore steelhead association
Hunted
rsa
just a reminder that the african hunting show is coming to toronto on january 20-21 and calgary jan. 27-28.

Noted thanks! Maybe Toronto will have visitors, or at least more than 50.

My best always.

Yeah please let us know how Toronto goes because Atlanta sucked......

Best regards,

Jacques

Will let you know how Calgary goes.

Thanks Brickburn....

so atlanta sucked..... it seems that in the last couple of years there seems to be a surfeit of hunting shows appearing in canada , and the US of A. i seem to recall there was a falling out between organisers of shows maybe last year ,or the one before where they had the same name but they had gone their separate ways. i seem to recall the people involved ended up sending emails out accusing each other of stealing the name or whatever of the shows. as i dont live that side of the pond it doesnt affect me,(partying in reno, or vegas at sci gives me enough reason to hide and try to recover for the show the next year!!!), but it must be very hard for the outfitters from the rest of the world to work out and budget where it is best for them to go. do we go to that show or this show, or not. this is apart from them sending representatives from their companies to local dinners and fundraisers in various parts of the states that good clients of their companies come from, and they are very happy to help with.so maybe these people that want to organise "the next best hunting show" should think about is the fact that these people come from a long way away, and have to budget for the whole expedition they and their staff are undertaking.

Hi spike.t

I am the show organizer for the now called African Hunting Events shows in Canada. I won't go into the details of the split in my partnership with my previous business partner, the industry has already been through enough mud slinging on that subject.

What I will say is that I am fully aware of the costs involved for outfitters coming all the way from Africa to North America to market themselves, what with flights, hotel, exchange rates etc. The original goal, and what remains my goal to date, is to showcase to the Canadian hunter, some of the finest African outfitters, in small boutique type shows (African only) where they can discuss face to face the many hunting opportunities available to them and to grasp that it is more affordable than they would think.

Next year will be our 6th year in Toronto, our 3rd in Calgary and our 1st in Edmonton. Those outfitters who have been exhibiting with me consistently over the years have shown some very good results, so much so that some outfitters now claim that Canadian hunters make up over 60% of their business. There is great potential in this market, and I invite to consider exhibiting with us sometime in the future.

Let me know if anyone has any further questions.

Thanks & regards
Birgit Johnstone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.