Albert GRANT

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Has anyone made it through this? I find it interesting but very hard to wade through beginning to end. I was lucky enough to come across this readable copy years ago and have yet to read the whole thing. The binding is bad but otherwise it's in suprisingly good condition for a book from 1910

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a much newer edition that I've made it about halfway through. I read it in fits and starts, on flights, etc. Its definitely not the easiest read.

Albert that's a great find. Where did you get the book?

Albert that's a great find. Where did you get the book?
Honestly I don't remember where I came across it. I got it when I was about 20 and deeply in my african dreams at that point. I picked up everything I came across about it but could never seem to make it happen due to money. Actually around 2013 I wrote off africa all together figuring it had gotten to the point it was out of my reach. Then something magical happened and I came across this site a couple months ago. Things came together and now I'm on for august in the east cape!

Well good for you! Everyone should keep the faith where dreams are concerned. Be careful this hunting in Africa thing is addicting!

Already planning on going back- with out having even gone yet! Interestingly, my youngest son, who has shown no interest in hunting here, has been watching africa videos with me and decided he would really like to go.... and hunt! He's only 8 and momma is neither interested in going nor letting him go that far from her yet so it will be a few years- but I will be taking the boys at some point

image.jpg

No matter what the age there is nothing like taking your son hunting in Africa. Dream it, see it, plan it and then do it sir!

View attachment 149804
No matter what the age there is nothing like taking your son hunting in Africa. Dream it, see it, plan it and then do it sir!

No need to call me sir, if anything I should be doing it with you! From what I have seen on here you have earned it. We have talked on here a fair amount, just call me AL

Thanks Al. I'm Charlie.

Great picture of you and your son, Charlie!

I read it many years ago. It is not the easiest read. Certainly not as entertaining as a Capstick. As I recall Theodore and Kermit had a lot of misses and wounded animals. The number of animals taken was astounding.

To have been able to be around a campfire with Selous, Percival and Roosevelt...........priceless!

@Albert GRANT great to hear you're going on a hunt this year. I'm a first-timer as well, heading over in July!

No need to call me sir, if anything I should be doing it with you! From what I have seen on here you have earned it. We have talked on here a fair amount, just call me AL

Al: Sorry, I couldn't resist...........:whistle:

Al: Sorry, I couldn't resist...........:whistle:

Why you dirty, good for nothing...... just kidding! That's a good one, you got me there. In our conversations on here I can't remember if I ever got your name. Since we are going to the same outfitter I feel I should. I apologize if I should know this already, but what is your name?

It's Dave. Actually, I was about 13 or 14 before I realized my name wasn't "Dammit Dave."

There were incidents and accidents
There were hints and allegations........

Well Dave, it's nice to officially meet you!

Has anyone made it through this? I find it interesting but very hard to wade through beginning to end. I was lucky enough to come across this readable copy years ago and have yet to read the whole thing. The binding is bad but otherwise it's in suprisingly good condition for a book from 1910

full
I had a new pocket pocket version and it wasn't any problem to read it
even if it was over 30 years since I learned English.
Now I have found a book from 1910 in Swedish!!!
Strange that the book cane out in Swedish the first year!

I had a new pocket pocket version and it wasn't any problem to read it
even if it was over 30 years since I learned English.
Now I have found a book from 1910 in Swedish!!!
Strange that the book cane out in Swedish the first year!
I was unaware 1910 was the first edition, interesting. And yes seems odd it would have been in Swedish at that time.

I think that was when the book came out.
He hunted Africa in 1909.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross