Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
United States, Limpopo South Africa
Does anyone know a really good gun engraver that does African scenes? I want some work done on a couple of rifles and can really only find scroll work and/or North American scenes on the web. This would be in the States.

in the uk or europe it wouldnt be a problem, just how much you wanted to spend :D

IMG00233-20121219-1343.jpg
IMG00235-20121219-1345.jpg

Those are both beautiful examples! I wish I had the patients, eyes, and hell the ability to draw!

I have a Rigby 416 that has an African Lion engraved on the floorplate that was done by B Burgess. I have been thinking about adding some ink baking or something to it to bring out the engraving a little more but have not been able to bring myself to mess with it for fear of not liking it. It looks really good to me although not nearly as elaborate as the pics above (those are beautiful BTW) but I am sure he could do more elaborate work if you wanted to pay for it. I think you can find him by googling and I want to say that he is in Arizona but certain.

Here is mine:

Attachments

• rigby-pr-416-floorplate_zps35f78a12.jpg
    rigby-pr-416-floorplate_zps35f78a12.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 186
I have a Rigby 416 that has an African Lion engraved on the floorplate that was done by B Burgess. I have been thinking about adding some ink baking or something to it to bring out the engraving a little more but have not been able to bring myself to mess with it for fear of not liking it. It looks really good to me although not nearly as elaborate as the pics above (those are beautiful BTW) but I am sure he could do more elaborate work if you wanted to pay for it. I think you can find him by googling and I want to say that he is in Arizona but certain.

Here is mine:
Thanks for the tip! I will try and google him.

No problem. Good luck. He evidently did a lot of engraving for J Rigby & Co when they were briefly based on CA. Most of those rifles that I have seen that had more engraving were very pretty pieces and it seems that he does very nice work Also, much of that was African themed as you would expect.

Look at some of the custom rifle builders here in the states. They all credit the engravers, you can find a few names that way.

Look at some of the custom rifle builders here in the states. They all credit the engravers, you can find a few names that way.
Thank you, I will! I call Winchester/Browning's Customer service. They don't have a custom shop anymore, but one of the guys working there has won some awards doing it on the side. He is backed up at least a year, but will call me they say. I'll keep you posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross