African Dangerous Game Cartridges - Pierre van der Walt

I am looking for a copy of this book also, see some correspondence from Shakari Connection which may be of assistance to others.
Unfortunately postage charges of up to $240AUD makes for an expensive book for me.
Screenshot_20220320-172520_Gmail.jpg

I have the ebook as well. For the most part a great resource but I could not make any sense of what he said about the Weatherby double radius shoulders resulting in a case that are "prone to splits across the shoulder and neck". Certainly not my experience nor those of my friends who shoot with Weatherby cases.

His study of terminal performance of various types of bullets is certainly the most comprehensive that I have read. I was shocked that unless a bullet shortens dramatically upon entering game the physics say it will most likely flip! Bullets that don't shorten are called "solids" so it was especially shocking in a dangerous game context. Enlightening!

I guess that is why modern solids now have a flat or concave nose.

I am looking for a copy of this book also, see some correspondence from Shakari Connection which may be of assistance to others.
Unfortunately postage charges of up to $240AUD makes for an expensive book for me.
View attachment 458109
For me, Ebooks for things like this are the way to go, at least until I’ve read it once and decided if I want to spend the big money on a hardback copy. The copy for my Kindle was $9.99 (same as the other high dollar safari books). Only downside is that the tables are blurry.

Good book and a constant reference for me. I also have the African Medium Game Cartridges book by PVDW... also useful.

Good book and a constant reference for me. I also have the African Medium Game Cartridges book by PVDW... also useful.

So do I, great books

If it works out and can be arranged, I would be interested in all of the above books if someone manages to be in a situation to bring some to the US. I know I won’t be going to Africa this year. I’m optimistic I can get there in 2023, but it may not be that soon either.
I have 7 hard back copies

I have 7 hard back copies
If you consider selling Sir , please keep one copy to sell to a member here on the forum, HWL , I will send you his contact details if you are selling one

If you consider selling Sir , please keep one copy to sell to a member here on the forum, HWL , I will send you his contact details if you are selling one
’m getting rid of all 7 , they were given to me by my grandpa never opened . Can take pics and video chat

P
lease send me your contacting details. I need to send it to HWL so he can contact you to purchase one.

Almost 200.- Euros+freight :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you