African Books For Sale

JPmbogo

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Willapa Harbor Gun Club
African Hunting From Natal to the Zambesi by William Charles Baldwin, one of the early hunter/explorers in South Africa and beyond. Originally published in 1863. This copy is a recent reprint of Baldwin's classic by Franklin Classics (see photo of back cover). Copy is like new, unread condition.

African Rifles and Cartridges by Taylor needs no introduction. This the 1993 reprint by the Gun Room Press. The book is fine condition other than a few edge tears on the dust jacket.

$25 each shipped in the CONUS via USPS media mail. Buy both $45 shipped. Checks, MOs, or PayPal.

_DSC0002.JPG
_DSC0005.JPG
_DSC0007.JPG
_DSC0008.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me to both of them by 30 minutes:Banghead:

Sold to "Bonk" - Thanks

Taylor's book is very good and very informative.
Krish

Taylor's book is very good and very informative.
Krish
Yes, they broke the mold when John Taylor came into being. However, some of the details in his book are not always accurate, but then who cares - the reading is still great and most of the info is spot on. I have a first edition and a special bond edition as well. I also highly recommend Pete Capstick's biography of Taylor "A Man Called Lion."

As you read Pondoro and African Rifles and Cartridges, keep a running list of the doubles he says he owned. For a gent who didn't have a pot to pee in, the list is quite impressive. Regardless, his books are among my treasured readings.

Man called lion is also a good reading. I have one of those bound book signed by Peter Capstick and one paper back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg