Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Hi everyone,

AfricaHunting.com is now open again for posting after being closed for a couple of days due to technical difficulties. We've had overwhelming growth of the site last year and I've had to upgrade our dedicated server on several occasions to accommodate more traffic. There was a glitch during the latest move on January 21st. Because of this glitch, which has now been sorted out, we will loose about 2 weeks of posting as I needed to rewind back to this date.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and loss of posts that this may have caused. Should you have posted any lengthy or comprehensive material that you would like me to retrieve, I may have the ability to do that, please contact me by email at info@africahunting.com and include your username.

Most cordially,
Jerome

Glad things got sorted out, great to hear the site is growing.

I was beginning to worry..Thanks!

thanks Jerome for making things better

i thought for a moment that a hacker put a worm into the system.

i did many system checks program by program

I am sorry I was not more specific as to what the problem was as I didn't think that most members would understand. There was a problem with an improper database table which caused an error in the backup system for the site which is done daily.

I should have reassured all of you that it was not a security problem but did not think about it. AfricaHunting.com is hosted by one of the top hosting companies out there on a Linux dedicated server with firewall protection and modsecurity along with a multitude of other security features.

I would just like to let everyone know that I run a tight ship in the security department and I'm constantly doing updates on the various software and plugins that run the site so that we have top level security at all times. I have also just added a new level of powerful external backup so that a situation like this will be unlikely to ever happen again.

Once again I apologize for all the inconvenience and disappointment that this caused.

Thanks for your support!

Thanks Jerome, We'll get over it!

No issue Jerome, the withdrawal symptoms are beginning to fade! :rolleyes:

so the last two weeks worth of postings were lost? including the ones about two $250 give aways? that seems convenient. or was it the fact your wife is sick of seeing that dang yellow screen for hours in bed at night? i was thinking ur own wife may have crashed it in order to get some personal time with you in vegas! hahaha, its ok jerome we know what really happened. j/k. it was very nice meeting with you though.

so the last two weeks worth of postings were lost? including the ones about two $250 give aways? that seems convenient. or was it the fact your wife is sick of seeing that dang yellow screen for hours in bed at night? i was thinking ur own wife may have crashed it in order to get some personal time with you in vegas! hahaha, its ok jerome we know what really happened. j/k. it was very nice meeting with you though.

tap, Yeah I might have considered your conspiracy theory a bit longer but since my wife can barely turn on the computer without my help it probably was not her... but she certainly has the motive, as I guess you heard! It was great meeting you and your wife as well and look forward to the opportunity to hang out a bit next year. Of course the three $250 gift certificates to use with Travel Express will be given away, I will make the announcement by the end of the week, things have been delayed due to the issues with AH...

Thank you for fixing our site!!! I felt lost without my daily AH updates!

Yeah,thanks Jerome. My wife wants to know why I had the 'mutters' for two days..!

PS: Check your mail, I sent you something.

Yeah,thanks Jerome. My wife wants to know why I had the 'mutters' for two days..!

PS: Check your mail, I sent you something.

DOCMAN, I checked my emails and PM but did not find anything... Can you please send it again.

Glad to hear everything is back to normal, Jerome.

And thank you for this great site.

Thanks for everyone's understanding!

Thanks for filling us in Jerome. I'm sure it was very frustrating while it was down and sure you had some long hours at the computer. Hope things are running smoother now! As always, good seeing you, Mrs. J and Olivia again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross