Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Some rather nice blister maple on this order with a customer wanting these AH EDC's for his brothers and father and then a Hunter skinner dressed with Spalted buckeye and all in the new design 10* horrizontal carry sheath. The AH EDC's have the lanyard tube with 4 snake knot and bead to assist with retrieve from the sheath but the Hunter Skinner has more blade length/balance in front of the carry point that it dose not need the extra depth (length of sheath ahead of the belt loop) that may make it less carryable than the way it is.
IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Some rather nice blister maple on this order with a customer wanting these AH EDC's for his brothers and father and then a Hunter skinner dressed with Spalted buckeye and all in the new design 10* horrizontal carry sheath. The AH EDC's have the lanyard tube with 4 snake knot and bead to assist with retrieve from the sheath but the Hunter Skinner has more blade length/balance in front of the carry point that it dose not need the extra depth (length of sheath ahead of the belt loop) that may make it less carryable than the way it is.
View attachment 400697

View attachment 400698

View attachment 400699

View attachment 400701
@Von Gruff
As usual up to your amazingly high standard Gary. Love the sheathed.
Bob

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Beautiful work really like the handles on all of them
One of my rewards for making these is to see the beauty emerge from the blocks as the handle are shaped and polished

Bob Nelson 35Whelen

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
One of my rewards for making these is to see the beauty emerge from the blocks as the handle are shaped and polished
@Von Gruff
That's what I love about wood. It's always a surprise at how it will finish from plain Jane to absolutely exquisite and all from the same tree.
Bob

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Garry, as usual you are a Master craftsman for sure..I did process some fresh Giraffe bone, will keep it in the enzyme water based mix for a week or so to remove all the meat and sinew...these are some of the bones I am sending you and Mdwest for knife scale material.. There are quite a few Giraffe bones laying for at least three years already in the Gunshop`s store...I will send these dry Giraffe bones first , it will be much easier to work it into knife scales ..

5c869d85-b9e5-43eb-9a66-9726d00d8df9.jpg
b90d2467-c234-4ed2-b36f-d8e885d8681d.jpg

VertigoBE

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa
Garry, as usual you are a Master craftsman for sure..I did process some fresh Giraffe bone, will keep it in the enzyme water based mix for a week or so to remove all the meat and sinew...these are some of the bones I am sending you and Mdwest for knife scale material.. There are quite a few Giraffe bones laying for at least three years already in the Gunshop`s store...I will send these dry Giraffe bones first , it will be much easier to work it into knife scales ..

View attachment 401807View attachment 401808
I know for a fact they will be put to good use by Mr. von Gruff! ;)

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
There are some really nice changes in the colour from the cream closer to the marrow to the more white of the outer surfase with the age fisures from older bones (extended exposure to atmosphere before use) that can add to the finished handle. They make into superb handles and polish well.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
This AH EDC has the giraffe bone handles with chocolate brown lanyard and ivory coulered bead in the new design 10 degree / horrozontal sheath
IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

Peter Radekevich

Bronze supporter
AH member
Reaction score
View attachment 400697

View attachment 400698

View attachment 400699

View attachment 400701
How much would the hunter skinner (bottom picture) cost?
Thanks,
Pete

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
More bragging on Garry's work: The small one is for my wife's kitchen use. the larger one is for separating hind from front quarters and the loin from the round in breaking beef into parts. They're so pretty that we hate to use them, but they are so useful and functional that they are like a nice custom rifle or shotgun- they get used but well cared for.

DSC_1795 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Three more AH EDC's ready to go. One with Koa, Maple and Karelian Birch and all with NitroV stainless blades.
IMG_0812.JPG

20210930_135342.jpg

20210930_135329.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbdgreenesese

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?