AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Does anyone own one of these? Apparently on the sling you tie it together with a shoelace, but no instructions came with them nor is there anything on their website.
The same with the bino strap except instead of a shoelace it is leather thongs. Again no instructions with it or on their website. When I blow up the picture it is too fuzzy to tell what kind of knot it is.
I have emailed them under “Contact us” with no response. Maybe they are vacationing, I received no “out of office” email response though.
Thanks in advance for anyone’s help!

I just received my sling. I assumed that the screws were removed, the sling put through the swivels, then the screws re-attached.

If you look at the pictures of the exotic inlay sing (the version I have) on their web site, there is a pic of the sling mounted on a double. The laces weren’t used.

Most lace-held slings have four holes which when folded over around the swivel match two and two. Fold the laces in half and push the two free ends through the hole farthest from the swivel. May need something like a nail to help push them through. Pull through simultaneously (holding the free tips together) until you are left with a quarter inch loop. Push the tips back through the hole closest to the swivel and then through the loop you formed. Snug it all down. Presto!

Most lace-held slings have four holes which when folded over around the swivel match two and two. Fold the laces in half and push the two free ends through the hole farthest from the swivel. May need something like a nail to help push them through. Pull through simultaneously (holding the free tips together) until you are left with a quarter inch loop. Push the tips back through the hole closest to the swivel and then through the loop you formed. Snug it all down. Presto!

https://www.africansportingcreations.com/cape-buffalo-cobra-sling.html

So you don’t even tie a knot? And that holds? Ok I’ll try it that way. It leaves a lot of string just hanging there as in the picture. Just doesn’t seem secure.
Thanks

Last edited:
If you look at the pictures of the exotic inlay sing (the version I have) on their web site, there is a pic of the sling mounted on a double. The laces weren’t used.

Mine has shoelaces and no screws. I may just buy some “Chicago screws” and replace the laces. I’ll try first like Red Leg suggested.
Thanks

Last edited:
This is Jim from Creations and thanks to all who helped him get squared away. Please call me at 419 529 5599 and will answer any other questions you have. Never saw anything at info@africansc.com so am having my webmaster look into that. I agree with the last post but I always put a square knot on the end of both just to be sure,

Jim

Thanks everybody!
Jim, may I suggest you put a note and picture on the website on this. It would be most helpful.
I checked my junk mail just in case a reply got automatically put there, but no response. I just figured you may be overwhelmed by emails as a lot of businesses are.
Thanks again to all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross